TW200 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a ride to Land Between the Lakes today. Ran across some folks with a flat tire on a KTM and a broken tire pump. Whipped out the Slime compressor and let her rip. At about 24psi, the compressor came to a SCREECHING stop. Terminal inner destruction. Don't bet your life on a $10 pump. Carry multiple means of inflating.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Mine usually stops at the maximum tire psi. Good advice. I keep mine in the trunk of the car. It is the $20 one with the light on it. It is a great tool to have.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I think I've posted these pics before but if I did I can't locate the thread.

I might air up and down four or five times in the course of a day. I've been using nothing but a 10 dollar Slime pump for years, but after burning up a few I've learned the secret of keeping them alive lies in keeping them cool and the cylinder lubricated. I've had pretty good luck with a few drops of Slick50 every few months.

If you take the housing apart and study the air path you'll find the vents are too small and in the wrong places. The internals actually run. cooler in the modified housing than when removed from it as some people do to reduce their bulk. Prolly good advice to carry backup, but FWIW I haven't had a failure since I modified the housing as long as I keep an eye out for overheating and keep some sort of lube in the top end and crank arm. Not real pretty, but it works:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think I've posted these pics before but if I did I can't locate the thread.

I might air up and down four or five times in the course of a day. I've been using nothing but a 10 dollar Slime pump for years, but after burning up a few I've learned the secret of keeping them alive lies in keeping them cool and the cylinder lubricated. I've had pretty good luck with a few drops of Slick50 every few months.

If you take the housing apart and study the air path you'll find the vents are too small and in the wrong places. The internals actually run. cooler in the modified housing than when removed from it as some people do to reduce their bulk. Prolly good advice to carry backup, but FWIW I haven't had a failure since I modified the housing as long as I keep an eye out for overheating and keep some sort of lube in the top end and crank arm. Not real pretty, but it works:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice post , Thanks for the idea. Usually when I read a post here , it cost me money as I buy an upgrade of something. Not this time BUT... How do you like the BIGHORN 2 ??? Does it work OK on pavement ? What size are you running ? thanks ~Eric

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe we have EpAuto portable air compressor which is the best one you can find other as well but the thing is to buy something that is great

·
Super Moderator
4,859 Posts
geektech - having necroed a seven year old thread to promote your product, I'm going to go easy on you and simply close this one

If you are serious about promoting your products, please consider "Vendor Status", which allows for unlimited access - I have no idea of how your going to achieve this, as we have recently changed things around a bit - but if you take a look at this thread - https://www.tw200forum.com/threads/vendor-rules.43810/ - you should be able to work it out from there

Meanwhile - your user account remains open ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.