TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What engine oil do you guys use for your t-dub engines?i recently sarted using shell 15-40w and the clutch has started slipping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kwizard said:
Howdy, and welcome to the forum. I think your oil choice is OK; but a lot of us use synthetic. I've been using Castrol products for 30 years or so(actually let's make that over 50 years; because I used to use Castrol caster oil to mix in my Gulf hi-test for my 2 strokes)(I love that smell to this day). That being said; your oil is probably not the cause of your clutch slipping. Look and search our tech forum, and you'll probably find your answer shortly. There is also a full manual, and supplement on that forum. If you need help from us; you'll need to tell us your year model and smileage.

Ride on Daddy-O

PS: Are you using a motorcycle specific oil? I hope so!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Most automotive oils have friction modifiers in them that can make your clutch slip, it's best to use motorcycle specific oil in your bike.

·
Registered
453 Posts
yeah car oil can make your clutch slip.. qwerty gave some good advice on this.. change oil - and leave your clutch lever pulled in when ever u can whilst parked ( or over night say ) by tying it back to the bars.. fixed it for me after a couple of oil changes in quick succesion. ( like changed oil twice in a week )

car oil no good for wet clutches...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts