TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You must learn to walk before you can run. Every one should be encouraged to practice slow riding, not just TWilite. This practice is just as important as any safty equipment you may adorn. Preventive safty is what slow riding is all about. If you look at my profile I actually list slow riding as a hobby. I actually have training wheels for my TW that I use during slow ride compititions. I can actually stop and roll backwards. Dirts a Flyen. SanDue

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Theres just something about showing up for a slow race on a Dub. When I lined up with a bunch of Harleys they all laughed at my "Little Dirtbike" until the start. Engines revving,clutches burning and trying to balance a 750lbs. bike with ape hangers and the Dub just sat there balanced on it's two wide tires. Needless to say I won all three rounds,took the trophy,gave back the prize money and was asked to never bring my " Little Dirtbike" back.

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Slow riding is just another way our TWs excel..

Reactions: SanDue

·
Registered
667 Posts
When someone's tailgating me on the TW and I'm approaching a red light, I slow down as slow as I can go without falling over approaching the light, and watch the person behind me get even more frustrated. I can usually stop for 3 or 4 seconds before losing my balance.

Reactions: SanDue

·
Registered
667 Posts
Most people around here are courteous to bikes but there are a few jerks. When people tailgate me in my car I tend to choose that time for washing my windshield, especially if the car behind me is a nice shiny sports car.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
If someone is tailgating you at night and their headlights are blinding you just turn mirrors right back at them. Even big trucks get the message pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I slow ride all the time. Kinda like Trials riding. I setup obstacles, and have at it. This is something I've been doing since I was a little kid. It developes great ballancing and control skills. I trully believe this improves overall riding control and skills over riding fast.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If someone is seriously tailgating you, please, pull over and let them go.
I cannot agree more! I ride quiet, back country roads with maybe a foot wide shoulder (if at all) and if there is a semi behind me and several cars behind the semi, I pull over. Everyone usually waves at me as I wave back. I have no desire to become a hood ornament and my moto is live to ride another day. It's just common sense to not invite trouble when possible.

On a similar note....I get aggravated at Tour de France wanna be cyclists that take "share the road" a little too far. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Mike, you should have stopped by Verdi on your way back to Washington, I could have given you your preferred sweet tea served nice and cold ( 80 degrees here).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts