TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I love my old T-Dub just like the rest of us but I was out tonight mounting a little clock in my handlebar area and it reminded me of a little annoyance I have had for a while now.

It seems my front brake cable is always in the way. It is just long enough to get into my line of sight for the speedo and just short enough to get in the way when I am trying to get my hand in to work the key. The issue was always there but it was made worse when I put my hand guards on. The mounting bracket for the guards pushes on the cable just enough to change the arc and piss me off. I have tried running the cable inside the mount but that is too tight.

It really isn't that big of a deal but it's something I think about from time to time. I might try to fix it this winter when I am tinkering with some other things on the bike.

~~I am curious, what are some other things related to the form/function/operation/parts/assembly/feel of the T-Dub that annoy you. I'm not talking about big shortcomings or things like not enough power, or missing features, but more like little oddities or things that don't have an aftermarket fix or upgrade so you've figured you just have to live with it.~~

My thought is that some people probably have small annoyances that they have just lived with but other people have found creative fixes for. Hopefully if some other people share some stuff, people can benefit from it.

Registered
I have a Velcro cable tie holding my front brake cable to the cross bar and out of my line of sight for the instruments. I hate that the blinker switch does not have a more positive center stop position. Turning it off invariably causes it to jump past and go to the opposite side. The helmet lock is perfectly useless where it is.

I am a bit crossed on the kick stand length. When in my garage on a hard, flat surface I keep a block of 2X4 under the stand. When on an angled surface it can be just right or too long so I am keeping my wood block for the garage.

Lastly, and I know that many here will agree, the pilot screw adjustment is in the absolute worst position. I know that Yamaha does not even want us adjusting it and have it plugged but come on, every one of us removes the plug and enriches the mix.

GaryL

Registered
Hmmm. I have no issue with the helmet lock and I use it all the time. Interesting that others do.

I do get annoyed every now and again when I try to shift it into 6th.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm interesting to see some other peoples thoughts. Myself, I have never used my helmet lock and probably never will. My blinker switch never gives me any problems so I am good there. I have missed the kickstand with my foot once or twice but mostly when I am rushing or it is wet out.

Registered
Out of the list so far, I'd say missing the side stand when trying to put it down and the helmet lock (back issues).

Now getting to those two bolts that hold the seat on -- that's a back breaker. Good thing the OEM tools will take those off. Oh, wait...

Registered
Now getting to those two bolts that hold the seat on -- that's a back breaker. Good thing the OEM tools will take those off. Oh, wait...
I was just typing up my small annoyance and I see you just posted it: It would be nice if the seat would be easier to remove and would not require tools.

Registered
Every time I have a small annoyance I figure out a way to fix it, or modify it so its something I'm happy with. I think that's what a lot of us do. Hench the never ending list of tw customizations.

I mean that and creating a generally awesome looking functional ride.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Registered

Registered
I just mentally shift to six every time like a little placebo pill and I'll be darned it feels like six!

Until I let off the clutch and I'm reminded no dumb dumb it's just five.....

Registered
If the seat had side mount securing bolts,that would make life a bit easier. I'll catch flak for this one,but,a pleated paper air filter instead of the oil method.....be nice. Lastly,if Yamaha would have extended the mirrors outward a bit,instead of having that last little angled part that ends at the mirror,probably be just enough fir usefulness. I'm done...........I promise. :)

Registered
JIS screws and their drivers are an improvement over standard Phillips. It's OUR tools rather than their screws which are the problem.

Regular phillips should have died off long ago.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts