TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son sent me the video listed below and I put together one of these little blasters this morning. I tested it out on an anodized aluminum bottle opener that I had laying around and it worked pretty well. If I were to make another one, I would make a smaller opening in the nozzle and epoxy the bottle to the tube so it won't spin around.

You'll still need a decent sized compressor to use this blaster. My little pancake compressor wouldn't do it, so I had to dig out my 4.5 hp, 20 gallon Craftsman compressor.

Sand Blaster.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That'll be mighty handy to have when you need it... Nice Job B!! :D
My son sent me the video listed below and I put together one of these little blasters this morning. I tested it out on an anodized aluminum bottle opener that I had laying around and it worked pretty well. If I were to make another one, I would make a smaller opening in the nozzle and epoxy the bottle to the tube so it won't spin around.

You'll still need a decent sized compressor to use this blaster. My little pancake compressor wouldn't do it, so I had to dig out my 4.5 hp, 20 gallon Craftsman compressor.

View attachment 163953

·
Registered
20,508 Posts
...and of course don't forget skin, ear and eye protection in addition to a decent particulate respirator for the silicosis risk.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...and of course don't forget skin, ear and eye protection in addition to a decent particulate respirator for the silicosis risk.
All good safety tips that I should have mentioned.

I am using some leftover Garnet media from my larger blasting tank. If I ever use that all up, I will probably switch over to walnut shells.

Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
20,508 Posts
Well I knew TWBrian does things safely but just through out the reminder for the rest of us..:D

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 6 of 6 Posts