TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
One more funny story in this.. so i went for a longer ride.. good a far from home..shes rippin good up a gradual hill..
Get to the top and roll off to gear up... let go of the throttle..dies.. curbside get her started with choke only... keep some throttle keeps going but shudders and dies again.. limp all the way home.. rip out the carb.. unscrew and recheck everything again and change jet back from 116 to 115.. put it all back together.. decide to check if gas cap is ok.. open fuel line into a cup.....nothing 馃馃槥... flip it to reserve it flows馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ..what a waste of time it was simply running out of gas .... i coulda just flipped to reserve instead of overhaul the whole carb again.... and if i woulda just tightened the 116 jet properly after the valve job... would have avoided all of this tuning ..馃檭 oh well.. i got learn alot .. 馃榿
We must be related as you have my mechanical skills. Time goes by, I forget I suck at it, and off I go attempting another mechanical issue.

Registered
There have been a couple of newer people who have had some valve issues, (broken valves, damaged stem etc.) What is the cause of valve issues for anyone who has had damage? Overtightening adjusters? My experience is ride'em hard, keep the bike full of oil and you shouldn't have any issues. Inspect your bike often but only adjust or change something when it needs it.

Registered
2012 TW200, 1988 DT50, 2002 ZRX1200
One more funny story in this.. so i went for a longer ride.. good a far from home..shes rippin good up a gradual hill..
Get to the top and roll off to gear up... let go of the throttle..dies.. curbside get her started with choke only... keep some throttle keeps going but shudders and dies again.. limp all the way home.. rip out the carb.. unscrew and recheck everything again and change jet back from 116 to 115.. put it all back together.. decide to check if gas cap is ok.. open fuel line into a cup.....nothing 馃馃槥... flip it to reserve it flows馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ..what a waste of time it was simply running out of gas .... i coulda just flipped to reserve instead of overhaul the whole carb again.... and if i woulda just tightened the 116 jet properly after the valve job... would have avoided all of this tuning ..馃檭 oh well.. i got learn alot .. 馃榿
I think anyone that has ridden a motorcycle has done something like this. Run out of gas and looked for any problem but the most obvious. Kill switch can get you that way too. Glad to hear you are up & running.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts