TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
No that's not forest fire smoke you see north of the boarder.The whole country just sparked up.
This sign is at the back of the Legion I belong to.LOL
View attachment 185586
To each their own. Time to sell my Molson stock in favor of Doritos. ;)

Tom

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
Actually unlike the legal uncertainties in the US the nationwide legislation in Canada makes cannabis stocks now a solid investment. Put Madmen Enterprises ( MMNFF) , or similar, in your portfolio. Most of these stocks did a nice run up and institutional investors harvested short term profits last couple of trading days. Might be a good time to buy on the bounce as they also buy back in. A sector fund could also lessen risk associated with a single equity.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't invest because your country will ban me from entering if I do.I may someday want a winter home in the US.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I wonder if this will mean the decline of alcoholism.

Buzz munchies and short term memory loss.....or throwing up and black outs? I'd choose the prior over the later any day.

Weird thing is every province is approaching it differently. Some are only government run, some independent business's, some both. Either way I doubt it will be done how most would hope. It would be great if they packaged them like wine and beer with colourful labels and names, from business's of all sizes, but it appears to be leaning toward clinical. Here's you're big ugly child proof pill bottle.

Meanwhile Halifax for example is now planning to ban smoking or vaping in public except two public locations in a city of over half a million people. And landlords and condo owners can ban smoking in your homes...so some people are legal to buy weed with no where to go smoke it. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Definitely enjoying this thread. Great humor.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
"Meanwhile Halifax for example is now planning to ban smoking or vaping in public except two public locations in a city of over half a million people. And landlords and condo owners can ban smoking in your homes...so some people are legal to buy weed with no where to go smoke it. Nice job."

I believe in Ontario you are only allowed to smoke pot on a rooftop with no less than a 20 km/hr wind. The hard part with that is trying to get the pizza guy to come up the ladder.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It will definitely increase the use of the words, " and uhh".

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
WARNING! Drive even more defensively now in CA while on your bike. It's not bad enough with texting while driving but when you ad texting while driving stoned it increases the possibility for disaster.
I don't personally have anything against those who care to partake of the evil weed, same as consuming beer, wine or hard liquor IMO. Where I have to draw a line with any of this is with those who use intoxicants and then use our public highways. Just go home from work, kick back and have a cocktail or fire up a dubbie and enjoy yourself in the safety of your own home and stay off our F ing roads. IMO even cell phones should automatically shut off while moving at any speed over 5 MPH.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
They have or had that device that turns off just texting when someone starts and drives their car. The inventor could not get any big automobile manufacture or cell phone carrier to back it even though it was acknowledged to be simple and would save lives. Critics: would tread on consumers "freedoms".
Would disable that feature on your phone or not allow the car to start if you were using it. Pretty simple, the phone talking to the car... the car talking to the phone.
Gotta be 10-15 years ago and now the idea is buried.
I think the inventors son killed someone in a head-on collision while texting, his inspiration :(

This is an add-on edit. I remember this article because my youngest had just turned 16 and was taking Drivers Education in school and I just started the weekend lessons myself. I had come across this article and around the same time the highway authority had determined that "texting" as far as accident possibility had surpassed DUI as the biggest danger on the road. Think about it... a drunk or buzzed person may be trying and failing to operate a vehicle. Someone sending or receiving a text has all of his attention on the device, not the car at all. So the car, for whatever seconds it takes... is driving itself!
Crazy when you think about it.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
They have or had that device that turns off just texting when someone starts and drives their car. The inventor could not get any big automobile manufacture or cell phone carrier to back it even though it was acknowledged to be simple and would save lives. Critics: would tread on consumers "freedoms".
Would disable that feature on your phone or not allow the car to start if you were using it. Pretty simple, the phone talking to the car... the car talking to the phone.
Gotta be 10-15 years ago and now the idea is buried.
I think the inventors son killed someone in a head-on collision while texting, his inspiration :(
My Toyota 4 runner with the bluetooth allows incoming texts to be listened to through my radio. Just touch the screen and a female voice will read what was texted. I can't reply back to the text while in motion unless I do it on my phone which I will not do. I have no issue with what passengers do on their phones while in the car but the drivers phone should never be used by the driver unless it is hands free. I have had too many close calls with near head on collisions by people talking, texting or dialing their phones while driving. Ad to this being under the influence and trying to do it all and I see RED, Danger.
When I was still working as a LEO I was off duty on my weekend off. I got a call from my watch commander ordering me to report to duty because there was an emergency. I had friends over watching the football game and had already had a number of beers which I told him and that I was unsafe to drive. He insisted, I refused and he wrote me up for refusing a direct order. When I reported to work on Monday morning I was suspended for 3 days without pay. At the hearing a week later the hearing officer listened to my reason and immediately tossed it right in the garbage and admonished the watch commander for ordering me to drive while I had informed him I was under the influence and smart enough to refuse. If I had driven and had an accident or caught a DWI the state would have been libel right along with me. Stay off the roads when ever you are drinking or under the influence weather it is legal or not to be ingesting the intoxicants. I enjoy a few beers while watching a game or entertaining friends but I refuse to drive anywhere and I make very sure none of my friends leave here until they are IMO Okay to drive. We bikers should be the very first ones to follow and demand conformance to these rules.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts