TW200 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
isn't this a bit like trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear?

Reactions: KenR74

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I guess you could say the same thing about my KLR. I've dumped so much money into a Cogent fork kit and shock along with a long list of farkles it's nutz. Problem is I like to tinker and make things better than stock. Now is this Elka over the top? Yes!! That still does not mean I don't want one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Curious about better suspension too, though right now I ride mine fairly mildly. Hopefully not crazy expensive when they release it... I keep thinking about the VanVan seat as well, but it would look so wrong on the Tdub. I haven't sat on a seat concepts seat for the Tdub yet, but I'm guessing a wider seat with a softer cover would do the trick. I should pop the cover of both their seats and compare the foam as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I guess you could say the same thing about my KLR. I've dumped so much money into a Cogent fork kit and shock along with a long list of farkles it's nutz. Problem is I like to tinker and make things better than stock. Now is this Elka over the top? Yes!! That still does not mean I don't want one.
Over the top is often where the most fun is had! It’s good to know there are folks out there that are just as sick as we are 😂

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Sometimes it's hard to know when to stop..... But so far I've not had anything chrome plated on the Dub.

·
Super Moderator
18,536 Posts
Brother Steve,

You've only been here a year, so perhaps you are not aware of the long time tradition of giving the moderators here a free sample of the goods...

Don't break the tradition!!

;):ROFLMAO: only kidding bro!!

Reactions: CJ7Pilot

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can buy one of everything ever produced for the TW200, then have a dealer add way too much to sticker for a brand new Tdub, and brand new riding gear and it will still be cheaper than a new barebones Jeep. Plus, obviously, it can go places the jeep couldn't. The Jeep has heat and AC and a better top speed (funny), but comfort is not why any of us ride.

Driving something fun is like playing a video game, but riding something fun is being in the game.

(I think the only thing I'm jealous of is the vastly superior range. Gas tanks are so tiny on small DS bikes)

Reactions: Willys714
21 - 32 of 32 Posts