TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been watching ESPN today and just can't escape the narrative that Kareem Hunt is a terrible human being for pushing then kicking a woman. Under ordinary circumstances I would understand completely. HOWEVER, this woman was hurling racially charged insults AND punched the Chiefs running back FIRST. Are you starting to see why I am so confused? Every week I am TOLD by every news channel, celebrity, college professor and politician that woman and men are EXACTLY the same. No different. Perfectly interchangeable. What am I missing here? If Kareem did NOT defend himself would those same people not call him sexist because he treated her differently than he would a man? Wouldn't it be considered condescending to women if he treated them differently?

GOD I AM CONFUSED!

Tom

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I'm of the mind that you just don't hit a woman. (unless she was trying to kill you or something)

Not really related to this but I was a victim of domestic violence. My X wife hit me hundreds of times, 99.9% of the time for no good reason at all. She pulled a knife on me before and said once that I was lucky she didn't have a key to the gun safe. She hated everybody and everything. Nothing was ever good enough for her. She was a very miserable unhappy soul and I was a caring loving husband. I think you reap what you sow sooner or later. She's driven off 2 of the 4 sons she had and they haven't spoken to her in 10 years and the other 2 only talk to her once or twice a year briefly. I can proudly say I never hit her.

I hear she drinks now quite a bit. I can't for the life of me think that she's "a happy nice drunk now" when she was evil and mean as a snake before... I'm sure it's 10x worse now. :(

·
Registered
19,426 Posts
Wait untill gender fluidity gets involved in these disputes.
Would it be acceptable to push her if she was identifying as a man?
I get totally confused trying to follow the rules of political correctness these days. Somehow I just seem to witness more moral fluidity than gender fluidity.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Try being a college student in California... The insanity is rampant daily. These college campuses have become festering breeding grounds for mob-mentality madness. There are a few glowing embers in the darkness that have kept my overall college experience a valuable one, and I thank those few souls immensely for holding fast in the midst of the flood. If you ever said anything like this in one of my college classrooms, you would be hated, ridiculed and shunned by most of the others present (including/especially the professor) for your "White privileged straight white male hegemonic racism and sexism, hate speech, misogyny, subconscious bias" etc. etc. It is so ironic that those who claim to lead the fight against racism are often themselves the greatest propagators of racial tension and division. Just the other day, one of my classmates gave a presentation on her "study" of middle-aged straight White males' discourse, and to no one's surprise, she labeled all of them as either consciously or subconsciously racist and sexist, regardless of what they had or had not said or done. I.e. because they were White males, they were sexist and racist, period, whether they knew it or wanted to be, or not. Of course, the professor wholeheartedly supported her presentation. Talk about being racist...and that type of mentality is hyper-typical of California academics. If you dare to open your mouth for one second to speak up against this outright racism... What is truly unnerving is seeing the long arm of the lunatic extending way out into mainstream society, even to a place like the TW forum (though thankfully to a much lesser extent). Anyway, I have not seen what you refer to, but it sounds like a woman hit a man and he hit her back. I can respect Tommy's perspective here, and I would agree to some extent. If a woman hits me and it doesn't actually injure me or place me in serious danger, I would probably first try to diffuse the situation with words and/or firm restraint, but , if a woman outright attacks me, she is going to be treated just like anyone or anything else that attacks me.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Try being a college student in California... The insanity is rampant daily. These college campuses have become festering breeding grounds for mob-mentality madness. There are a few glowing embers in the darkness that have kept my overall college experience a valuable one, and I thank those few souls immensely for holding fast in the midst of the flood. If you said something like this in one of my college classrooms, you would be hated and shunned by most of the others present therein.

I take it back! Knobbies = Bad...

Stick with 10 year old trials tires. aka (safe place). :p

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Hey Tom, just funin.. with you. When we going riding?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be clear. My moral compass is just fine and I would NOT strike a woman. Unless I was IDENTIFYING as a woman myself that day? I hear that is perfectly acceptable in today's society? I'm still confused.

Tom

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Considering the snow we have gotten up here my guess is April? Maybe....

Tom
More reason to put them Knobbies on! ( see I set this whole thing up)!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Nevermind...time for a break from online forums, LOL.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Indeed, one can be a woman one moment and a man the very next, and then back again, just as one might change from a brown shirt to a blue one...same goes for race. The thing is, personally, I couldn't even care less if someone holds that opinion (more power to them). What upsets me is how this perception of the world is forced onto people who don't agree: they are made to agree, or they are beaten into submission by a mob (metaphorically speaking, for the most part...).

Anyway, I should probably stop posting. I'm just getting myself into trouble over the last couple of days...time for a break from online forums, LOL.
Wrong. Not only are you required to acknowledge their delusions they are now forcing us to participate in their fantasies. Try and call a college student by the wrong "pronoun" these days. You will be punished.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Wrong. Not only are you required to acknowledge their delusions they are now forcing us to participate in their fantasies. Try and call a college student by the wrong "pronoun" these days. You will be punished.

Tom
I think you'd like Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson. Check 'em out on YouTube, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I just saw the video. This man was not defending himself. Another man was trying to hold him back, the woman was squatted on the ground and he, a HUGE football player, pushed past the man trying to hold him back and kicked this woman on the ground. I don't care what lead up to this, a man of that size and physical training has no excuse to kick a woman on the ground. It was wrong. Steroid rage most likely.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just saw the video. This man was not defending himself. Another man was trying to hold him back, the woman was squatted on the ground and he, a HUGE football player, pushed past the man trying to hold him back and kicked this woman on the ground. I don't care what lead up to this, a man of that size and physical training has no excuse to kick a woman on the ground. It was wrong. Steroid rage most likely.

Why do you see her as a woman first and foremost? Isn't she his equal by today's teachings? Doesn't that make you a bigoted sexist?

Tom

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
It starts young . My wife who is a middle school teacher has a Shim in her class. Before the start of each school day she and the other teachers have to find out if they are dealing with a boy or a girl.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts