TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snow on the ground and seasonal normals back. It was a great year for this new rider. My skill off road has gone from marks for effort (literal and figurative marks) to not bad. Ethel is not as skinny or fast as some of those other bikes but she chooches and keeps up with faster skinny bikes ridden by better riders. Be back next year with a rack and maybe a jimbo and new rubber (she is 10 and still wearing her original boots) that maybe has a chance on wet clay. I got spun 270 degrees a half dozen times on one ride. Catch an edge on a rut and around she goes. Keeping the rubber side down is hard when you can't stand up it's so slick.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Most tires do not do well in wet clay. However, a trials tire up front does help.
Snow riding can also be fun - so there is no real need to put the TW away for the winter.

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
The right amount of snow is fun with the right tire. Looking forward to wearing the one on left down like older Duro on right. I recommend the newer lighter more rounde Duro2.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
My insurance runs out on Wednesday, so that's about it for street riding. I still have close access to logging roads for the occasional short winter ride, just to give the ol' bike a stretch (and the ol' rider).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts