TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have been getting more snow and warmer temps than usual. temps are around freezing and the snow if fairly heavy. we have used the same tractor and snow blower for the last 14 years and now all of a sudden it's now big enough for the snow we are getting this year. it's too heavy i guess and put lots of wear on the blower and shredding belts, so we had to get him a big brother. i just went out and measured the snow and it is at 27". it has compacted a fair amount so i'm guessing maybe we have had 4 feet and it is still snowing

Attachments

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
We had about a foot of new overnight and the possibility of another foot. Probably 3 feet currently on the ground at Fleet HQ. Like you, the snow is too wet for my little snowblower so I'm pushing the snow around with my ATV plow. Hard to keep up with the little blade but keeping it clear.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Some teens and 20's weather a couple weeks ago before Christmas. But 55 yesterday, 61 today and supposed to be 63 tomorrow in NYC. Certainly welcome and I ain't complaining but pretty ridiculous in January.
Either that Al Gore guy was right or me buying that fancy Honda snowblower has completely hoodoo'd the climate around here.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow that new setup is not messing around. PTO is the way to go.

Last night it started with rain, then plenty of ice, and now snow on top. But not much accumulation.
yes PTO and no shear pins, i guess what ever goes in is going to come out looking a little different

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some teens and 20's weather a couple weeks ago before Christmas. But 55 yesterday, 61 today and supposed to be 63 tomorrow in NYC. Certainly welcome and I ain't complaining but pretty ridiculous in January.
Either that Al Gore guy was right or me buying that fancy Honda snowblower has completely hoodoo'd the climate around here.
you should have done all your neighbors a favor and bought it years ago. sounds like you should be out riding the TW

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
It is Love/Hate here in the NY Catskills. 60 degrees yesterday and I am normally out ice fishing by this time of winter. We had a few cold snaps and small snow storms but nothing worth blowing here yet.
I tried plowing the normal snows here with a Polaris RZR and just burned the belts and ate the 4 X 4 transfer gears up.
Kubota wins the test here and even if we get hammered hard.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Greg, you are getting our typical West Coast snow. Currently just above freezing here and snowing, but the temperature is rising so it will turn to rain and then we are supposed to get cold. It will be interesting if the side street get cleared by the rain before the freezing starts.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
That is a beautiful set-up with the little Kubota Gary. Is the blower Kubota as well?

This (below) is right now. And I'm stuck at work till 4:00pm. Oh well.

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
Anglesey has its own micro-climate as it sticks out into the gulf stream. We rarely see snow, or temps lower than zero Celsius, just cold wet and miserable, dark clouds, and 70mph winds. Hardly TW riding weather, but the crash helmet and leathers come in handy when putting the bins out …..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just South of you in the Okanogan it sucks so far. Very little moisture so far but is snowing today and near zero for a few days starting tomorrow. Probably a good thing as 4x4 tractor with front mounted 50” blower is down. Have to rely on the two John Deere garden tractors for snow removal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had about 15cm accumulation until late Friday when the temp went above freezing and it started to rain. Yesterday went up to 10c and more rain - not much left after that, but the temp dropped rapidly overnight and the rain changed thru freezing rain, to ice pellets today. High of -5c today. Pretty much everything is shut down and the RCMP is telling everyone to stay off the roads. A good day to sit around the woodstove and read a book. Not an atypical winter for Atlantic Canada so far...

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is Love/Hate here in the NY Catskills. 60 degrees yesterday and I am normally out ice fishing by this time of winter. We had a few cold snaps and small snow storms but nothing worth blowing here yet.
I tried plowing the normal snows here with a Polaris RZR and just burned the belts and ate the 4 X 4 transfer gears up.
Kubota wins the test here and even if we get hammered hard.

View attachment 202978

GaryL
is that a PTO drive?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Greg, you are getting our typical West Coast snow. Currently just above freezing here and snowing, but the temperature is rising so it will turn to rain and then we are supposed to get cold. It will be interesting if the side street get cleared by the rain before the freezing starts.
i don't envy your situation at all, i have trouble driving in the big city in the summer, can't imagine throwing some snow and ice into the mix. it's still snowing here, i am getting alittle concerned about all the weight on the house roof

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anglesey has its own micro-climate as it sticks out into the gulf stream. We rarely see snow, or temps lower than zero Celsius, just cold wet and miserable, dark clouds, and 70mph winds. Hardly TW riding weather, but the crash helmet and leathers come in handy when putting the bins out …..
with 70 mph winds, you would be able to ride in one direction but would take forever to get back

1 - 20 of 38 Posts