TW200 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Been pretty mild here for a change. Usually a lot of below zero but only a few days. Just enough snow to keep things from freezing. Plenty of wood for the stove so all is good.

Used a tractor for a few years and got sick of it. Found a plow for my Bronco for 250 bucks so those days are over.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Been pretty mild here for a change. Usually a lot of below zero but only a few days. Just enough snow to keep things from freezing. Plenty of wood for the stove so all is good.

Used a tractor for a few years and got sick of it. Found a plow for my Bronco for 250 bucks so those days are over. View attachment 202981
nice, love the Bronco

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just South of you in the Okanogan it sucks so far. Very little moisture so far but is snowing today and near zero for a few days starting tomorrow. Probably a good thing as 4x4 tractor with front mounted 50” blower is down. Have to rely on the two John Deere garden tractors for snow removal.
we are at the north end of the Okanagan valley, so when all our snow melts you will be getting moisture. what powers your front mounted snow blower?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Have lived in North Florida all my life and have never liked our hot and humid summers. Always look forward to winter but having record heat and humidity last few days. 88 yesterday and 89 today with 99% humidity. The week prior was great; high 30's low 40's at night, high 60's low 70's day and dry air.

·
Registered
62 Posts
we are at the north end of the Okanagan valley, so when all our snow melts you will be getting moisture. what powers your front mounted snow blower?
Front blower is mounted to a Kubota L275DT. There an electric clutch mounted off of front end of crankshaft. Then short drive line to blower. Beats looking over your shoulder and suffering a stiff neck. Come this summer we’ll thank you for any moisture you send our way.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Here in the Lower Rainland, we are about to experience the first Arctic-front of the season...they are predicting temps to go as low as -15 C.
I can deal with the cold...I can deal with the snow...and I can even deal with how the city refuses to plow our street (lowest priority) until 72 hrs after-the-fact.
What I can't stand is all the idiots from neighbouring streets, using mine as a playground. Most of the other streets around here are choked with cars parked on the street instead of in the driveways, so our street is where they come to drive their snowmobiles, ATV and Quads...packing the snow until it achieves the consistency of concrete! We still have ice/snow a week after all the other roads are clear.
Damn I hate being the GOF all the time....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here by me it's clear warm and the best time of the year. The summer holiday's have ended and all the holiday makers have left. We can now start using our own back and forest roads again.

I can't stand cold weather, my hands and feet go numb and white. Give the summer anytime:D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
is that a PTO drive?
Yes to the PTO drive and yes to the 50 inch blower being a Kubota attachment. I also bought a nice Lands Pride back blade for the 3 point hitch and it helps to get the last inch of snow and ice off the blacktop. Tractor is a 23 HP diesel and the blower shoots snow a solid 30 feet away from my driveway and has the electric directional chute control mounted right at my finger tips. I actually pray for snow just so I can go play. BX2370 4 X 4 selectable hydraulic drive.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
it finally stopped snowing!!! it's a beautiful Okanagan morning with blue sky and lots of sun shine. it's -22c and i have to go out and move the foot of snow we got yesterday, i think that will be a total of 5 feet now

Attachments

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
2 Warm and too wet....I expect this see one of my Everglades friends to show up on Grand Lake Ohio
soon...

·
Registered
999 Posts
it finally stopped snowing!!! it's a beautiful Okanagan morning with blue sky and lots of sun shine. it's -22c and i have to go out and move the foot of snow we got yesterday, i think that will be a total of 5 feet now
That's gorgeous...
Your snow is nice and fluffy, unlike Lower Mainland snow that is closer to a Slurpee. I swear, each shovelful yesterday was at least 20 lbs...I'm feeling it today.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I really enjoy the seasons but I am looking forward to Spring.....it is usually a nice 55 and sunny by mid Feb and that is the start of the way to early riding season....at least for me..... as my hard core is now...soft core....

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Greg if 1/2 that snow is of the west coast type, I would get it off your roof.
Today’s snow is light and fluffy, a dream to shovel after yesterday’s slush.
Like TWinBC, I tweaked my back yesterday moving the slush.
Linda’s car this morning had a fluffy coating of snow on top of a crunchy ice layer. It started snowing yesterday when it was just above freezing, and then continued to snow as the temperature dropped.
It took here over an hour to get to work; ah retirement, the only reason I got up was to get her car ready.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
My attached garage is a 1.5 car one. Enough room for 1 car/SUV and my tools and workbench. I have a 12 X 20 shed along side of the garage for the yard equipment and a couple bikes. When I retired the first thing I did was have a 18 X 21 carport erected with both sides and the back enclosed for about $4K. This is where my tractor, kayaks and a bunch of other toys are stored out of the weather. So my wife gets to park her SUV in the garage right off the kitchen. She leaves for work in a fairly warm and dry car and parks it at work in the parking garage then drives home and right into a garage. I don't have to get up with her to clean her car off and warm it up for her to go to work. I may or may not have to blow the snow depending on how deep it is but most days her AWD SUV just plows through it and I clean the drive while she is at work. The only real drawback to this scenario is if the roads are crappy her car goes in my garage/workshop full of nasty crap that melts all night and I have to squeegee it out when I clean up the driveway.
Happy wife-Happy life!

GaryL

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Greg if 1/2 that snow is of the west coast type, I would get it off your roof.
Today’s snow is light and fluffy, a dream to shovel after yesterday’s slush.
Like TWinBC, I tweaked my back yesterday moving the slush.
Linda’s car this morning had a fluffy coating of snow on top of a crunchy ice layer. It started snowing yesterday when it was just above freezing, and then continued to snow as the temperature dropped.
It took here over an hour to get to work; ah retirement, the only reason I got up was to get her car ready.
our snow is getting lighter by the minute with the temps in the -15 to -25. i only worry about the trailer roof, i've had to clean it 2 times and about to do it again tommorrow. hope your back gets better fast, i know how that feels with 5 herniated disks myself. there is no way i can clean the house roof, it's too big with the wrap around porchs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Dug out from Snowmagedion today. Took the morning to clear the driveway, clear the roof of the camper, trailer and awning of the house and clear the vehicles. Well my daughter actually came over and cleared the roofs of the camper and trailer as I balanced the ladder for her. Then we went snow shoeing up around Stave lake. Florence lake FSR was a sheet of ice under the snow. Had a hard time getting the truck turned around.
Lots of exercise today so enjoying a beer and waiting for the next system to hit.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts