TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 with 39 miles on the clock. Paid 3650 +tax/title/tags. I am so excited. I can't ride it yet for 2 reasons: 1st-not insured yet (tomorrow.)
2nd- No way to get it out of the back of my F350.

Now the sad part: I will now have sell my DR350... Such is life I guess.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Pop tail gate off,
Put it on bumper and you have a ramp ! ! !
Whats the problem?
And without pics,
I don't believe you:p

·
Registered
125 Posts
My wife used to quote the one bike rule too, I was persistant, and wore her down. When I got online to add the TW to my policy for the vstrom, I got the multi vehicle rate, and the policy went down $1 a month ! I told her I'm gonna keep buying bikes until the insurance is free.

Welcome to a great forum.... Tons of great people, help, and info here, don't miss the
How to change your oil
Thread.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome glad to have you.

Try putting the truck in drive and goosing it.
Real quick that bike will be on the ground ready to ride.
Best to get it insured first though. T-Dubs are tough though.

I crack myself up.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Congrats
I guess My wife has a seven bike policy.
When I reached 7 she said some had to go.
I got down to 1 and I am starting to build again.

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
My wife tried that rule early on so I said OK! She got my rule, one clothes closet in the house and no more than 12 pairs of shoes. Guess who won?

Back the truck up to a slight hill where your wheels are in the low spot and drop the tail gate off the cables. If you live in Iowa then Nix that idea, if they can't figure out who to vote for then they damn sure can't get a TW off an F-350. Just strap it in good and you might have the fastest TW on the road but in a truck. Nice bike and my third most favorite color scheme 1988 Black Widow, 2006 blue and the 2014s just do it for me in that order.

Oh Yeah, Welcome to the greatest show on the WWW and be prepared for all the help you will ever need and with a bit of ribbing along the way. Most of us only bite if you get too close.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
My wife tried that rule early on so I said OK! She got my rule, one clothes closet in the house and no more than 12 pairs of shoes. Guess who won?

Back the truck up to a slight hill where your wheels are in the low spot and drop the tail gate off the cables. If you live in Iowa then Nix that idea, if they can't figure out who to vote for then they damn sure can't get a TW off an F-350. Just strap it in good and you might have the fastest TW on the road but in a truck. Nice bike and my third most favorite color scheme 1988 Black Widow, 2006 blue and the 2014s just do it for me in that order.

Oh Yeah, Welcome to the greatest show on the WWW and be prepared for all the help you will ever need and with a bit of ribbing along the way. Most of us only bite if you get too close.

GaryL

ha ha ha ha lol... That's funny G.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I gladly live within a "only 2 at a time" rule with my Girl. (she is working full time and me….. not so much so I understand)

So I have a huge spread of 200 to 250 CCs between them (my TW200 and a CRF250L). At times I'd like to have kept a bigger bike but I know I prefer to ride my little ones...

Enjoy the ride!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really can't complain too much really I have a 57 Willy's pickup that I have stalled on, but I do want to finish restoring into a beauty queen (that will still get used.) I have my very favorite ford truck ever a 1997 F350 crew cab 4x4. And the icing on the cake the T-dub... What more can I ask for? So if I have to give up the DR... Easy choice.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh and most important, I have a loving and supportive wife that puts up with a lot of crap from external factors (like dealing with my military career for almost 12 years.) A highly stressful civilian job. She even wants to buy property up in the mountains near our home. All the while working herself and she is amazing in the kitchen.

PS after almost 21 years I think I am going to hang up the hat with the military 7.5 years in the regular Army and 12.4 years in the Washington National Guard... A TW and a retirement this year. This might be one of my best years ever!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Thank you for your service to our country and congratulations on the retirement. I'm one year into mine about 12 days ago. Still learning how to handle it. Started a couple of home improvement projects but I learned this ain't retirement, giving up one job and taking on another. Today is a mental health day. Took a short putt out around the back forty on the TW and now I'm getting the tractor out. I'm going to dig in a trench from the exposed portion of our basement so I can shoot my rifles out to 200 yards from inside. I can set up my chronograph under the roof/overhang where we keep our fire wood.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts