TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the planning, all the hoping, then finding a really nice one.

It just won't work. My body just can't handle what I thought it could.

I will keep searching for one that fits me better. I can't explain why, but this bike continues to hurt me so in order for me to be comfortable and try to ride like I planned, I must find a bigger bike.

6'4" is about 2 inches too big for this bike in my opinion and I just don't want to mess with any of the factory settings just to make it fit me. It would serve someone just a tad smaller perfectly.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcd/3064191964.html

I won't leave this forum even after I sell because there is such a great bunch of kind people on here. And I will be getting a Yamaha.....except a little taller with foot pegs not so close to the seat.

Thanks everyone for the kindness and help.

Revolverman.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Bummer to hear that. You must have long legs. I'm 6'2" but with 30" inseams (I'm more torso than leg) and the TW fits me just fine with taller bars.

I hope you find a bike better suited for you. What about an XT250/225?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the kind words, it pains me to do this because its such a superb bike. I would love any suggestions on a taller, similar bike, taking into consideration I know there will never be one with a rear tire like this one........

Love to hear some suggestions.

I just need taller. The tw was about the same as my 75 250, but the pegs were so much higher, it caused me cramps at night............

Thanks,

Revolverman.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
I must find a bigger bike.

Thanks everyone for the kindness and help.

Revolverman.

Sorry the TW doesn't quite work out for you, but hey, it ain't the end of the world.

Month or two back I was in the Yamie dealership gett'in some oil and stood next to a WR250R street legel dual purpose. It was pretty tall! If I didn't have the TW, the WR is what I'd want.

Good luck to you sir. At least you were honest to yourself!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I believe the seat height is about the same on the XT225. A friend of mine had one, he is pretty short, but had no trouble making solid contact with the ground. Good Luck. Gerry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys a bunch. I am pretty sure it's sold. A nice man came and looked at it and said he wanted it so I am waiting for him to come and get it tonight.

Thanks again for all the help.

Revolverman.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i'm 6' and i can't flat foot my husky sm510r (stroked out sm450r)...when i put my feet down the suspension jumps right back up under me...i can flat foot if i put my weight on the seat and compress the suspension (36.22" seat height)...good luck with whatever you decide to go with...

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/husqvarna/2008-husqvarna-sm-450-r-and-sm-510-r-ar53348.html

DR400Z SM or the KLX250 might work.

The WR450 is very tall as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts