TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi at all,

after one year and spending a lot of time into the fuel injection, I was on Sunday 24.08.2014 at a 3h Endurance race.
-> What do you think, what's the correct translation: Endurance Race or Hare Scramble????????

It's a bit sad, that I was not able to start with the EFI, but the engine was running very well with the 250 cc engine and the 28mm Mikuni flatside carb.
-> You'll find more details to the TW250 MX project here (click me). <-

I've bough a new helmet camera. Here you can see the start, the first round and some pictures from an other camera.

Have fun with it,
Sebastian

Registered
This looked fun. Lots of mud too. This was a Hare Scramble, which is more like a moto-cross race. Endurance races are more against a pre-determined schedule - mph/kph/time average, rather than racing other riders.

Registered
yeah lots of mud! do you have the stock rear tire or an ATV?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
It's interesting, how different the meaning of enduro and hare scramble is.

In Germany (and maybe in the rest of Europe) is hare scramble not a usual description for a offroad event.
The first time I've seen it was a race in Austria: The Erzberg Rodeo.
500 starters does have 4h time to reach the finish (31 riders in 2014; 14 riders in 2013; 7 riders in 2012).

Every offroad ride, which is no motocross, is called enduro.

On the rear I am using since 2009 the Maxxis Bighorn M917 26x9x14.
And on the front I am using since last year Metzeler MCE Six Days 110/80-18.

The Maxxis is great, when it's getting dryer.
But had nearly no grip on the wet loamy ground.

It was very muddy, a bit too muddy for me. But I needed it, I need minimum one race per year.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I have a big smile on my face.
It makes me happy, that you're happy with my video.

Maybe I will start on the next SOC event on 05.10.2014 and again with cam on the helmet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts