TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ironically this was the weekend of the cancelled/postponed Pine Barrens 400. One of the main reasons I bought and started preparing my new bike.
Oh well.

I don't own any true street or road bikes anymore but I've been tooling around town and dialing in the CRF450L which can be viewed as an ever so slightly heavy true Dirt Bike or an extremely light Dual-Sport. Defined by what rubber you have on the rims as a start.

Just two (2) phone calls of "what are you doing today, let's just head north and see where we end up", my favorite type of ride and immediate "let's go'". Cut to the end, the 450L had absolutely no problem riding along with big BMW Touring bikes. But I'll have to lose the MX seat (ouch after 162 miles) and the full-bore knobbies (kinda buzzy at 75mph). Probably not safe either.

We all brought sandwiches, bottled water, etc. so we didn't have to stop in any deli's or stores. Just a fuel stop and as always kept our distance which is mandatory when riding a bike anyway but also when we stopped.

Focused on the Hudson River starting in Fort Lee, NJ, Hudson Drive along the Jersey Palisades, 9W North, Alpine Lookout, Harriman State Park, 7 Lakes Drive, West Point (where we accidentally went to the Main Base Gate and were "tested" for temperatures), Highlands, NY, Abrams Gate at West Point (found an odd looking rock "Wilson"?), Storm King Mountain, Newburgh-Beacon Bridge, Beacon, NY, 9D South aka Arnolds Escape Route (Benedict Arnold), Bear Mountain Bridge, Eagles Nest, Goat Trail and home.

Seat Concepts custom seat is on the way.

3 minute Vid following the river and nearby locations:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's my friend Luis on the big Touring BMW. He has an XT250 and a member here.
And that's Al/Smitty Blackstone and fellow TDub'er, also a member here on the Yellow Beemer,

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
CRF four fiddy looks nice. If I was 20 years younger (and had more money) I would consider a bike like that. I'd still have to have a little 200 for the tight trails though...I think.

The CRF did look a little different than the big street bikes. At least you were able to get out and about. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts