TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cyclerack and the bag supports are on their way. Anyone using a soft saddlebag system that they would suggest? I plan on mounting a 1 gallon Rotopax can on the inside left support and maybe using soft saddles to drape over. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nelson Rigg makes some nice soft bags that are stiff and have a panel that protects them. I had them on my KLR and kept them when I sold it. I plan ordering the same cargo rack and was thinking about how they will mount to them.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The Hamilton Versa-Packs, model VP-100. They are meant for equestrian use, but many of us have them as a soft saddle bag for the bike. Here is a past thread I found with pics... Saddlebag Side Supports They have multiple zippered compartments and each bag can detach and be used as a backpack. I use these cheap roll-top dry bags to color coordinate, organize and keep stuff clean and dry inside of the saddlebags... http://amzn.to/2E2K3lX

I don't know if they can be found anymore as most of us got them on closeout. I do have a couple of extras that were put in storage and never used that I could be persuaded to let go of to you or others. One in olive green, and another in bright orange. I've heavily used a set in black that has held up better than I expected.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I bought a 2009 TW a few years ago it had the cylcecrack rack and panniers support with giant loop syskiyous saddle bags and a Mr Fizz top bag all of which served the previous owner well
I opted to use the same bags but switched to the Happy Trails rack and square tube panniers set which had triple the secure mounting points and for my intended uses I wanted to use maximum weight carrying capacity with no risk of a cracked frame (on my TW not the rack)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m new to the TW200 and also just ordered the Dryspec 20L bags with the same rack setup. Curious to see how it goes! also ordered a 2x2 bike rack and am planning to strap a duffel under the bike’s fork on top of the rear rack.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m new to the TW200 and also just ordered the Dryspec 20L bags with the same rack setup. Curious to see how it goes! also ordered a 2x2 bike rack and am planning to strap a duffel under the bike’s fork on top of the rear rack.
I got that setup installed now. Even threw a rotopax 1 gallon can on the left bag support. I had to switch to the Velcro straps because the ones that came on the bags were not long enough to span the cyclerack. Probably gonna have to buy some longer ones to make sure they won’t slip off

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got that setup installed now. Even threw a rotopax 1 gallon can on the left bag support. I had to switch to the Velcro straps because the ones that came on the bags were not long enough to span the cyclerack. Probably gonna have to buy some longer ones to make sure they won’t slip off
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks like a great setup with the rotopax on there too. Glad I ordered some rok straps as well — hopefully got a long enough size!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oddly enough i also ordered the dryspec 20l bags for the cycleracks on the back of my putt-putt. they havent yet arrived but seeing how many others ordered it im feeling very happy with my decision.
I think they’ll work out well. The bags have a hard plastic insert inside, so they retain the shape when empty also. The only very minor complaint I have is that they trap air when you close them. Since there’s no air release valve, you have to kinda push the top down to let the air out before rolling it up to shut it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I started with the Nelson-Rigg Black RG-020 Dual Sport Enduro Saddlebags because of the price per cubic inch. I got a year out of them. The squared edges tended to fetch up on trees and boulders, the sewing could be a little beefier and the elastic bits wimped out due to the sun.

I just threw on the Dryspec D20 and have one ride with them. I'm not happy with the mounting and have some webbing and clips inbound to create a custom mounting solution. I pulled the liners out because I want to collapse the bag as small as possible when threading trees.

The Tusk Traverse Panniers caught my eye but they were out of stock when I needed new bags. I would have preferred them to the Dryspec.

·
Registered
2019 TW200
5 Posts
off topic question, but what are those aftermarket mirrors you have there? a link please, if possible. thx

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2019 TW200
5 Posts
Adventure Designs doubletake mirrors
great for in the woods. Just fold them in and go.
Adventure Designs doubletake mirrors
great for in the woods. Just fold them in and go.
thank you kindly

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Hamilton Versa-Packs, model VP-100. They are meant for equestrian use, but many of us have them as a soft saddle bag for the bike. Here is a past thread I found with pics... Saddlebag Side Supports They have multiple zippered compartments and each bag can detach and be used as a backpack. I use these cheap roll-top dry bags to color coordinate, organize and keep stuff clean and dry inside of the saddlebags... Amazon.com

I don't know if they can be found anymore as most of us got them on closeout. I do have a couple of extras that were put in storage and never used that I could be persuaded to let go of to you or others. One in olive green, and another in bright orange. I've heavily used a set in black that has held up better than I expected.
You don't still have those extra versa packs, do you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts