TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1989 Yamaha TW200 - with upgrades!

From the Craigslist ad:

1989 Yamaha TW200 - with upgrades! - $1995 (NE Salem)

I'm the second owner to this well loved TW200. This model has electric and kick start, rear buddy pegs, and a rear rack. Some upgrades include (all done by me): ATV hi bars, Ricochet Skid Plate, hand guards, wide foot pegs, small windshield, 4 gallon fuel tank! (and new fuel petcock), D.I.D o-ring chain, a dual rear sprocket setup for 2 speed option!, 12volt electrical plug outlet. I also just had the front forks rebuilt; and installed new fork boots. Also has a new battery and air filter, replaced within the last 6 months. It has folding mirrors but will come with the factory mirrors as well. The exhaust is from a 2005 model so its fresh and in very good condition. I've also replaced the clutch, brake, and speedo cables. Replaced all wheel bearings and seals. And replaced the steering head ball bearings with improved sealed one-piece roller bearings. Also added a tool tube for carrying stuff. Also upgraded the horn with a louder more powerful version. I've inspected the valves and all were good, requiring no adjustment. Always changed the oil and filter regularly. ATV permit good through 2015. Tags good through July of this year.
This bike has never let me down and I've taken it on some great multi-day adventures. Speedometer and Odometer have always worked well... current mileage is: 5599. It typically gets 70+ mpg!
If interested, email me and leave your contact info.
Only trades I'd consider would be with dirt bikes similar to Husqvarna TE250/310 or CR144.
Thanks, Dave

Never thought I'd be selling her but I got a Husqvarna SM610 a while back and set it up as my adventure bike (and daily rider)... so the TW200 only gets ridden a couple times a year now. I learned a lot on the TW and built my confidence on all kinds of terrain... And I'd like my second bike to be more setup for medium difficulty + woodsy single track here in Oregon. So, it's time to move on. There are 3 people interested locally so she'll probably sell pretty soon... Just thought I'd post on here as well.

Oh, and here's the SM610 that took over the TW's duties:

·
Registered
13,785 Posts
+1 What small's said. :( :)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...
It's hard because we had up to 6 of us locally that had TW's. And it's fun to ride together in a herd of turtles... but some guys got out of it and others moved on to higher performance bikes... So, with limited space in my garage, and limited funds in my wallet, the TW will have to recieve a new owner. I'm just hoping that the next owner enjoys her as much as I have.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, she sold over the weekend...
Went to a really nice guy, and she'll get to spend some parts of the year on a remote island off the Washinton coastline and other times she'll be down in Baja Mexico... Happy to see her go to a good home. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
In the course of looking at the kind of bike to get and researching tw200's I read many of your posts. I was always happy to read them as they had an unassuming quality, were thoughtful, helpful and came across as very genuine. In my own way of seeing things they had a kind of shine to them. Thanks for that.

Thought ya' might like to know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts