TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
☆SOLD☆ Just recently bought this off another forum member. Mounted it to my bike, and... I really don't like it. I love the size and strength of it, BUT I don't like the fact that it holds the rear of the seat up about 1/2". The flat crossbar, as seen in the pics, goes right across the groove in the fender that the back, bottom edge of the seat pan normally goes down into. So it hits the rear corners of the seat pan, holding it up about 1/2" higher than normal. This could be fixed in two different ways: un-staple the cover at the corners, cut the pan back to clear, and re-staple the cover OR live with it. I'm choosing what's behind door number three: SELL IT! ....It really is the perfect size rack for me, but this kind of fit drives me nuts. So, if you think YOU could live with this...I will sell YOU the rack, and ship it to you for $50 total price. (I know... shoulda bought a cycle rack) I looked at one, and it's really nice and beefy, but I don't need/want a rack that big on my bike. If you're interested for $50 pm me-Glenn. 100_1664.jpg 100_1666.jpg

·
Registered
394 Posts
You're right on the fit Hikerglenn. I have the same rack and went with option 1. It wasn't terribly difficult to cut the pan back and my re-upholstering fu was just good enough that it looks alright.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
I had that rack on mine at one time and I never noticed a problem with it and the seat?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts