TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sold it years ago, my CR anyway. Saw an add for one just had to read it. Mine sold on reputation alone (bad ass bike). This guy, well the add speaks for itself.
IMG_5825.JPG

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Well I sold it years ago, my CR anyway. Saw an add for one just had to read it. Mine sold on reputation alone (bad ass bike). This guy, well the add speaks for itself.
View attachment 84257
A bike with that kind of power delivery just begs to be used with one of those "Timbersled" setups.

Tom

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hahaha.

·
Registered
928 Posts
ROTFLMAO! Sounds like the perfect bike for a strong woman. Momma always said balls and men just get in the way and trip ya up. A strong woman knows ya don't earn loyalty by chaining something down, you treat it with respect and love and it will carry you through to the end.

·
Registered
302 Posts
They are amazing machines. A guy I know had (may actually still have) both a CR500 and a KX500. I never rode the CR but I did go for a spin on the KX once. I learned real quick that once was pretty much enough for me but God was it awesome

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I was donking around on my friends Maico 490 Mega thinking...This is a real nice bike...Lots of low end and it handles great. My buddy yells at me to give it more than half throttle. Ok....So I'll just twist it a little more and.........."OH SHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!! Turns out it did make a little more power than my RM-125.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CR 480 was enough for me...I think they were both around 50 HP and 220 lbs....
I had them too 83 and 84 480 back when I used to race many many years ago although I kept the 84 for years and rode it when ever I was up to trying to start it. The left side kick starter permanently did my knee in on those. I stopped riding for years after a crash on the 84. It was a real crash, ambulance, surgeries and all. The thing that did me in, for racing anyway was kick-starting it after surgery on day. everything let loose in the left knee.. ACL/MDL some other L. I can't recall but the knee is not repairable anymore.

I often dream of "really" riding one again as in all out over the doubles. The new 701 I have has way more HP, almost 80 but it doesn't come on like those old CR's they came on like a big bore chain saw that just wanted to eat dirt :)

Internet pics:
83:
1983 CR 480.JPG

84:
1984 CR 480.JPG

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
That is one funny ad. I'd go to see the bike just to get to talk to the guy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts