TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I agree went from my 2008 tw, to a 2009 wr250x, too a 2012 gorgeous Harley wide glide, to a special edition 2013 ninja 300.. traded the ninja in for cash and a new 2014 tw.. loved all my bikes but there could only be one Tw :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SGD15,000 OTR. A new TW two years ago was SGD11,000 OTR for comparison (probably $13,000 now - the stealers here have gotten very aggressive). In Australia the Duke 390 are about USD6,000 OTR. The TW200 hasn't been sold new here for at least 18 months. What I'd really like is the SR400 - back in production now!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Fired up my '01 WR426 the other day. Thoughts while riding: man this thing has got so much power!! man this is fun!!

Parked it and have ridden the TW about 3 times since.

Have since taken the WR back to a friends house for storage. I'll keep it, and I'll use it. But the TW seems to have become my "default bike".

All said, enjoy your 390!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
nice choice!...i love that bike for a fun light road bike...i was looking at the duke 690 a while ago but i felt like it was more than i needed...i feel like this would be the perfect bike size between a 600 and a 250 to get around and still be able to go on the highway...not sure how the ergos are though...i would like to see more naked bikes between 250 and 600 pop up over here...if those were being sold here i would probably want one...i just sold my husqvarna sm510r to get a triumph bonneville...just wanted more comfort, less maintenance, lighter/more nimble than a big cruiser and to be able to have a bike that can hit at least 80mph on the highway so cars aren't blowing by me (that gets scary)...but i never pondered selling the TW...i will always own one...if i sell it i will buy another...anyway let us know how you like it or review it if you have the time...thanks for sharing

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Nice looking bike!

I don't think that I would be able to ride that bike slow enough to stay out of trouble, it just looks like it would be fun to ride fast!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know what you mean about a bit more power.
I have had 2 bikes for a while, TW + another, something a bit bigger so when I go out with him indoors so I can keep up lol
Current other bike is a KTM 690SMR, looks much like a bigger version of your 390. Prior to that had a Duke2. KTM's are so well balanced makes them really easy to ride. I love my KTM, but I adore my TW & would never part with TW

·
Registered
736 Posts
are there good enough roads there to enjoy the Duke?? I have found a few good roads in the Phils, but traffic is the problem. After I'm spending more time over there, you could come over and visit. I have not had any luck yet finding Tdub there, not sure if Yammie imports them, but I haven't checked the shops in Manila yet

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Wouldn'tmind having a duke 690 but I will eventually get some sm wheels for my 690 instead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you sold the TW for a KTM Duke then you apparently didn't want a dual sport to begin with not because of power.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
If you sold the TW for a KTM Duke then you apparently didn't want a dual sport to begin with not because of power.
you can ride a TW on the road you know...just because it's a dual sport it doesn't mean that you have to take it off road...and if he needs to use the bike on the highway i wouldn't blame him for his choice one bit cause these bikes just can't keep up with high speed highway traffic

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Actually that has been one of my issues. I've realized I'll probably have to keep two bikes - the Duke and some other 'off road' bike. Having two bikes is PITA here though because they have to be sent for yearly inspections.

I'd really like a brand new XR400 or similar but they are not available here.

The TW200 is only 12HP - but has a great riding position and a lot of positives. If I can find a newish one (mine was a bit long in the tooth) I'll reconsider. I really wish there was a version of it in 350 to 400 CC.

The Duke 390 is perfect in traffic and on the road.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had my TW for 3 weeks now and already find myself wishing for a oem parts displacement bump. No idea If that's doable, but I fully understand your choice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts