TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a nice clean KZlX250 clear title and 718 adult owned miles one owner clean bike always kept indoors

Seat concepts Gripper Carbon Ricochet skid plate and rear alum rack

located in Federal Way WA now butI’ll be heading back towards Prescott AZ leaving this weekend

Id like to trade for a TW in similar condition and miles but would take a more used TW and cash or if you have say a 2022 TW with 15 miles I could kick in some cash

I can also meet along the highways of Idaho Nevada Utah even California etc and save to a ton of fuel fees you might otherwise spend going to fetch a new bike home
I’m also looking for 2021 or 22 Honda CRF300l
Suzuki vanvan
Honda ct125 Trail
Honda Monkey 125
Mint QA50 1969-71
Honda eu7000is generator new or ultra low hours
PS it’s also for sale listed on CL at $5495
Automotive tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting Tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Gadget Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design Font

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why ask why

Blonde vs Brunette

the answer is in the journey

heres an older forum post someone looking to move up while I prefer to digress lol

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why trade the klx250 for a tw200? Curious
most of these non TW bikes I have I traded a TW to get them or I had to buy them as part of a package deal to get a TW I wanted

then it's fun to try to trade and get a TW thats either newer or lower miles or perhaps both than the one I originally traded

I would never be w/o a TW in my stable

I see people say they want to "move on to a bigger bike" which is fine but they should keep a TW

All the big time bike guys and gals I know who have everything and I mean everything they always have two TW's in the stable since the TW fills a niche that nothing else fills (maybe a vanvan)

I love the idea of a K1600 something an r1250 GSA, a 450 to 650 class dual sport, a 250 to 300 (CRF300L is my current fav) and a few TW's a Grom, Monkey and you have a good basis for a stable lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have asked this of the Kawasaki 300's, but does this 250 pull a steep hill in top gear at highway speeds? 55-60mph for someone that weighs about 225? This has been my singular gripe with my TW. Everything else about the TW is spot on. I just have too much highway to get to trails where I live and most of it includes steep mountains. I love how great it is off-road, but I'm about done with pulling on the shoulder to let traffic pass me on the uphills. I feel like a kid on a tricycle getting onto the side of the road when I was little when I do. LOL. (it also creates a safety issue as sometimes debris is on the shoulder to do this and you have act accordingly vs. just staying on the road and keeping up with traffic)

Sucks... I LOVE this bike and I know I will kick myself if I part with it, but I need more pulling power on inclines.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TW's are street legal but are NOT road bikes by any stretch

The KLX is an entirely different kitty and with gearing changes and switching to light beer you can probably do ok on roads but the KLX250 is no power beast in fact it feels like TW level power in lower RPM ranges and I have not ridden it into the high RPM range

·
Registered
140 Posts
TW's are street legal but are NOT road bikes by any stretch

The KLX is an entirely different kitty and with gearing changes and switching to light beer you can probably do ok on roads but the KLX250 is no power beast in fact it feels like TW level power in lower RPM ranges and I have not ridden it into the high RPM range
Reason I was asking is I know the 300's will pull the mountains here, I was just wondering if their gearing would allow it in the 250's as well. The TW has it on some hills if I have a run at it and keep it wound out. Just trying to find one that does it all and has the best gas mileage. I doubt the KLX will have anywhere near the reliability over the long haul as the TW's have proven.

Already drinking lite beer, I just keep hoping it's the next one that will help me lose weight... and then the next one, and the next one....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Going to chime in regarding some of the questions about the KLX. I've had two of them. A 2006 250, and a 2020 300. They're great bikes, but very different than a TW. Much more of a 'dirt bike'. The TW will do great at highway speeds (Hugh improvement over the TW), has MUCH better suspension and brakes than a TW as well.

If you want a higher top speed and a more 'dirt bike' oriented dual sport I don't think you can go wrong with the KLX. They have a reputation for being bullet proof as well. The 6th gear is nice.

I recently sold my 2020 KLX 300 to buy a TW. The TW is the better bike for me, but the KLX is a great bike.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm ready..... :)

Let's make arrangements.

Here's my TW in case you need a peek. It has since got some new parts, DMO pegs, IMS shifter, O-ring chain, and a few other goodies....think we're at 3600ish miles. I've done nothing but baby and maintain the mule.

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I thought I had a local trade deal for a 2020 TW that was decked out with all the upgrades even the tall SC seat and ell the other possible upgrades we all like it has 4700 miles but it was a little rough looking for my spoiled and hyper anal low mile tastes

in the pics I thought I saw a mint 2020 TW lol I think I need glasses (see pics posted soon)

I have the guy $100 cash for bring it over and suggested he list it for sale on Seattle CL I bet at $5k it would sell fast

it mainly had cosmetic scratches and scrapes from mostly off road riding

he showed receipts for $2400 in upgrades from HD clutch and chain to all the racks and skid plates etc you can name and a stack of original take off parts like factory exhaust since it has a newer stage 2 DG pipe on it

he really wanted the KLX so I told him to list it and if he had a buyer I would hold the KLX til he could close the deal and bring the cash

He lives at Snoqualimie ski resort for any of you Washingtonians it's a central location for western and eastern WA

I'll post some pics from my mobile phone shortly

PS I'm also in discussion with NorCal David re his beautiful 2004 TW and a possible trade
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Ice racing Snow

Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Plant

Wheel Sky Tire Plant Cloud

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
this 2020 in Snoqualimie pass WA now has a high mount front fender Shinzo 241 but the front Cyclerack is still included for $5000 this last pic shows the upgrades
Handwriting Font Material property Writing Pattern

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as of July 23rd 2022 I still have the KLX for sale or trade

if you have a TW and want a straight across trade I'd need a same year or newer TW with the same or similar miles and with todays crazy travel costs you would have to be along my travel route or you could deliver if that works out for you I can meet in Prescott Arizona 86301 and occasionally Federal Way WA 98003

if you have an older TW we could still make a deal with cash added my way and I admit I'm a mileage snob so I like 1000 miles or less and I pay premium cash prices or drive silly distances to get low mile bikes

ultra nice bikes in extraordinary condition or with extraordinary features might garner more consideration

other possible trades KLX300 camo, CRF300L, Honda Trail 125 - ct125 where I might add cash your way for the right deal

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
THE KLX was just delivered to it's new mountain top home the Gent that had the 2020 TW listed it for $5800 and it sold in less than 24 hours so I guess I should have taken it in trade for $4500 DOH lol

I also passed on LT's worlds fastest TW for a Rabbi Rate price and I saw it sell fast and furious and even delivered so I fully ate and tasted the crow lol

Thanks for the other offers and interest from the TW Forum !

·
Super Moderator
21,835 Posts
THE KLX was just delivered to it's new mountain top home the Gent that had the 2020 TW listed it for $5800 and it sold in less than 24 hours so I guess I should have taken it in trade for $4500 DOH lol

I also passed on LT's worlds fastest TW for a Rabbi Rate price and I saw it sell fast and furious and even delivered so I fully ate and tasted the crow lol

Thanks for the other offers and interest from the TW Forum !
Dang!!
Fred!! You had my TW!!?? Wow!! You should have let me know bro; I very well might have bought it back. How many miles were on it now? How much did you let it go for if you don't mind me asking? (You can text me that answer if you don't want to post it)

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dang!!
Fred!! You had my TW!!?? Wow!! You should have let me know bro; I very well might have bought it back. How many miles were on it now? How much did you let it go for if you don't mind me asking? (You can text me that answer if you don't want to post it)
no no I did not have it I was just saying how I originally passed on buying it and you sold it fast thereafter

·
Super Moderator
21,835 Posts
no no I did not have it I was just saying how I originally passed on buying it and you sold it fast thereafter
Yeah, it was sold in under 15 minutes. You also missed out on the CRF bro...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts