TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...I sold the Tdub and bought a ATV. Maybe if I feel better next year I can get back on 2 wheels. I have already been looking at bikes. And now the funny thing...the guy I sold my bike to has it listed on CL for 500 more than he paid...plus he has a ton more miles, how he did that I don't know. He also took off the Jimbo shield, but kept the Cyclerack. I threw in a bunch of extras with it too.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
sad day, but always better a bit too early than a bit too late...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I sold mine in July of 2018 replaced it with a Honda CB500X. I like the Honda, but I'm looking for another TW. I really like the colors of the 2015, but they sure don't come up for sale very often.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sold it for what I paid for it...in the same price range as others around here

·
Registered
18 Posts
pretty common CL activity... people looking for good deals and then trying to flip an item. happened to my brother with a car... sold it for a good price to a guy who told him a sob story about not having enough money, one week later it's on CL for $1k more. my brother actually confronted the guy about it and of course he was super defensive. it's his right for sure, but sucks that people are D bags. Recently had a guy try and get me to give him a smoking deal on some backpacks I was selling. I know for a fact he runs an online store where he resells used gear, so he's obviously in it for the flip. I told him to pound sand.

Either way, sounds like you probably could have got more for it, but maybe you were trying to be a nice/fair person. If you got what you felt was fair then at least you should feel good about that. Maybe the guy is also marking it up because he knows he's gonna get low ball offers just like always on CL, so he might be building in plenty of buffer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts