Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
Never even knew these products existed. Thanks Z. Any experience with these anybody?

Tom

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Never even knew these products existed. Thanks Z. Any experience with these anyb

Tom
I didn't either, quite a few useful products there Z.

·
Super Moderator
5,247 Posts
Not used the brand, but have some experience of the materials ......

White Lithium - I've seen this used as chain lube (a matter of personal preference)

Silicon lube - often underrated - comes in two varieties, drying and non-drying. The non-drying type is great for rubber seals in fish tank filters, keeps the kinks out, but as it stays wet, can attract dust and grit when used in an exposed position. The kind that dries (not sure how they do that) is good for putting a waterproof protective shine on leather and plastic. Wears off after a couple of weeks, but easy to apply, possible use on a TW is on fork gaiters (should keep them fresh) - but don't use it on your seat ...........

·
Registered
262 Posts
I worked at a shop (30-35) years ago that specialized in Porsche 356 restoration and VW's for cash flow. We used white lithium during motor assembly. I still use it sometimes when assembling new parts, too prevent scuffing and give it some lube before other fluids takeover. I also still use High-Tack for a sealant when no gasket is required, work great for holding a gasket inplace too.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I knew an old diesel mechanic that insisted that all big rig lug-nuts get a smear of white lithium before being installed. He had a lot of reasons beyond, easy to get off, but it was 40 years ago and I can't remember now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts