TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post some of your favorites from trips gone by...I will start this with one by ZDiver {Paul Wakefield}...

Riding Moab 6 years ago this month March 2015: {L to R} Fred, Hoot, and Montezuma...somewhere riding up Potash Road...
Moab Fred Hoot Nick (2).jpg

·
Registered
961 Posts
Not much photographic magic here.
This was a great day !
Found a little used trail into the backside of Baldwin lake...
Had the area all to myself for 2 days then moved on...

IMG_20200929_134652_897.jpg

·
Registered
21,380 Posts
Touring Yosemite on the TW is something worth doing since one can get off the road in many places and quickly enjoy some vistas away from the car-borne crowds. Your eyes can pick out opportunities possibly missed when inside a car. Easy to park and then hoof it a bit.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All Good Ones Fred, but love that bottom {3rd} one best...nice

·
Registered
21,380 Posts
I enjoy adventures in the Alabama Hills

...where you can ride under, over or between some dramatic rock formations.

Or ride up into the high country flanking Mt. Whitney.

....for a taste of winter.

Best to arrive before they put the snow and rocks back after 4pm. I avoided icy patches around 9am.

·
Registered
961 Posts

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hoot Gibson Photo: Montezuma and his 2015 along with my "Old Blue" 2014 on Old Ore Road in Big Bend National Park March 2016....

Big Bend OOR.jpg

·
Registered
21,380 Posts
And as Hoot points out Moab is a photographic adventure. Whether solo, or in a group the place makes for good photos once Lori pulls Admiral's pants back up. Forgive me Lori, you are the perfect lady yet I couldn't resist.

Hard to believe not only that they let us ride all over this terrain but that the bikes can do it.

No buts about it, back roads of Moab are an adventure.

You just have to keep a look out and adventure will find you.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Pecker Pass" photo by Hoot Gibson
Pecker Pass Red (1).JPG
nearing Canyonlands...

·
Registered
21,380 Posts
No doubt about it, people have been sharing their Utah adventures for thousands of years.

...and the TW helps find them and more, like public art encountered back of beyond.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Fred, you get out to the coolest places

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
21,380 Posts
Thank you, I'm just fortunate to live in striking range of so much variety.
The Sierras and adjacent ranges are endless sources of adventure on the TW, like riding up & over 11,000 ft plus peaks

...to visit old mines on far side. A few of you have joined me here, a nice adventure to have under one's belt.

My last visit had me add another 60 miles back to camp when I couldn't complete the planned 20 mile return leg.
So I bent on a few more miles & treated myself to a well earned hot spring soak then on to town for a $12 burger.

Good adventures indeed. Most trips are a little less dramatic with more tranquil destinations.

Sometimes have to share with others wandering by

But invariably have happy endings.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
While not as scenic as Fred's or Hoot's, these photos are the most memorable.

I rode adventure-sport trips every year with this guy throughout the west; Oregon Trail, Continental Railroad, roads that were off roads, off roads. 1,000's of miles of road and trail. One year I brought my TW200 with me, told him he had to ride one. He thought that they looked stupid, then he hopped on mine and immediately looked on craigslist. Found one and bought it all on the same day. This is a photo of his very first ride as owner of his new-to-him TW200 at his house. His grin says it all;

This photo of my wife and TW was taken on the Highway To The Sun road in Glacier National Park. There were fires in Washington obscuring the views, but this trip had been delayed because we had planned a motorcycle camping trip from California to Glacier in 2006 when 3 days before departure, our home burned down in a wild fire. 8 years later, we finally made the trip, but with the TW200, not the Kawasaki 1200 Voyager we owned back then.

This photo was taken by my wife as we waited out a thunder storm in Yellowstone National Park. I told her to lean against the leeward side of a tree to stay dry. I didn't know she took this photo until much later. The TW is in the backgound.

This photo was also taken by my wife in Idaho. This young man and his family experienced a tire failure on his rental trailer. I don't think he knew how to change a tire. I stopped to help as it was raining and the spray from trucks passing was drenching him!

This is two photos of a ride in Oregon with my buddy from the first photo. We both have our TW's and he knows some trails!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Photo by Hoot ....Borneo aka: "The Judge" Halloween 2015...
West By Gawd Virginia Borneo Indian Trail run 2.jpg
riding the West Virginia Central Mountains...along with Hoot and Montezuma:

Reactions: SanDue and Fred

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Photo by Borneo...
Yooper Gravel 2.jpg
Montezuma and Hoot riding the Michigan "Yooper" {UP} Summer of 2015...
10 days about 1600 miles of fun...

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While I've got several photos of Fred from Moab 2015 here are some of my favorites...That was one Hell of a Ride he took me and Borneo on, before "Betty" Crapped out on him, then the real "Adventure" Began.... 😎 Fred and Betty go down, Working on a Fix {didn't work that day}, One of the Larry's and something about Fred's "Nuts", and Space Cadet Fred and Borneo before we took off on Mel's Ride...{God I miss talking to that man} ...
Moab 2015 First Report 061.JPG
Moab 2015 First Report 065.JPG
Moab 2015 First Report 069.JPG
Moab 2015 First Report 071.JPG

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Michigan U Pee Ride, sometimes you just gotta take a break when you get the chance... 😎
Great Lakes You Pee.jpg

Reactions: Fred
1 - 20 of 62 Posts