TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Looking out the Bar Window as the sun was setting at Big Bend..."The Window" is this named view.
Big Bend Window Sunset 1a.jpg
Borneo, Jim, Monezuma, and Ft Wayne Gary, and Hoot, took a break from Camping, and stayed at the lodge and downed a few and ate a prepared meal...

March 2016...

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Guess I'm playing with myself {sic} on this thread... 馃槆

So here I go, Again! Big Bend March 2016, I took a solo trip down Old Ore Road and snapped these...

{Grave of Juan de Leon} Goggle it, interesting story...

Big Bend Hoot Juan Grave.jpg

Big Bend Motorcycle Run 2016 194.JPG

{Captured this one, and decided Ol' Blue and the "Tree" looked good together...馃

Big Bend Motorcycle Run 2016 183 (1).JPG

{One of the things I really liked about Big Bend it the mix of views, from Desert, to Mountain, to River Canyon}
Big Bend Motorcycle Run 2016 097 (2).JPG

Hoot Big Bend Vast.JPG

More Big Bend Later...馃

Registered
Good riders know to bleed off excess hydraulic pressure now and then.
View attachment 213116

I mis- read the the R and R sign. Silly me. I thought it read P and P, which would have made perfect sense considering. But, I now see the railroad tracks in the back ground. Carry on guys, not much to see here. Dirts a Flyen SanDue馃檮馃榾

Registered
Hayden Peak, 8400'. About 30 miles south of me.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
How Cold was it that night on Hayden? Or was it? 馃ザ

Reactions: Mistervelocity

Registered
The 3 photos were from 3 separate outings. Hayden Peak was a mid-June day trip in 2019. That snow is on the shade side of a cliff and is there for most of the year even when temps get into the 80s up there.

The camping photo was a solo trip a year later on a hillside NW of Reynolds, Id. That was sunrise and I spotted several pronghorn and wild horses on my ride home.

Last photo is the boat ramp at Olive Lake, Or during my OBDR ride last summer. I was riding my white bike and I loaned my blue one to a buddy for the week (note the Jerod Loop prototype).

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

Registered
Admiral's photo sure triggers some fond memories of good times with good people at Moab.
Miss this one of three Moab Larrys too....wonder if he ever found where I hid his TW?:cool:

Zdiver charges on, almost swallowed up in the immensity of the the terrain.

A fellow can have a might fine time wandering around immersed in the beauty when not focused on the challenges of the trail immediately before one. This is easy cruisin'.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Fred: How quickly we forget, that 2nd photo ain't "ZDiver"...that be Hoot, how could you forget me with my bright Green Hoodie riding my Ol' Blue? 馃 Good Photo None the Less...:cool:

Moab 2015 Island PRH.jpg

Registered
Ooops, my mistake, and here I thought if you've seen one Hoot you've seen them all.
You'd think a fellow cold recognize that sweatshirt from outer space.:)
Keep posting more of those good pics!

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
In the Mid Summer of 2015 {that year saw more adventure riding than I have done before or since in my MC/Dual Sport Life} Borneo, Montezuma, and Hoot, decided to travel around 1500 miles over the Great Lakes area...Ohio {for me and Montezuma}, Indiana, Michigan {Lower} across Lake Michigan via Ferry, the Northwoods of Wisconsin, and back across the "Yooper" or UP of Michigan, then back down the lower part of that state, via the Mackinaw Bridge, and Home...Late July through early August was the time frame, and with just one exception, our days were pretty well perfect, low humidity, plenty of Sunshine, and cool to warm, but no HOT temperatures...Off We Go!

Great Lakes.gif

Montezuma {R} and Hoot {L} were packed and ready to go...we had a 90 mile ride north and west towards Borneo Land...taking back roads, we would arrive and stay the night...some adventure at Borneo's Ranch, but that is for another time...
Here we go 003.JPG

After Borneo's Nephew Harmon "Dropped" the Judge's TW, some repairs to both Harmon and the Bike were needed...neither was easy, but both survived, thanks to #1 Nephew "Weasel" and Friends doing the repairs on the TW...Montezuma Held the Beer...
day 1 resized 4.jpg

We did Party the evening away, got a good nights sleep, and headed out early the next day...our stop for Day #1 was Ludington, Michigan, where we would Motel it and eat a hearty Mexican Meal {when us three ride, it seems it always Mexican, for the most part} ... 馃槇 馃嵑
Great Lakes Run 015.JPG

Ludington, Michigan, is located about half way up the Lower Michigan and right on Lake Michigan and adds the extension of US Highway 10 between that small fishing/tourist town and Manitowoc, Wisconsin, on the other end of Highway 10...we got a good nights sleep again, and headed out early for our loading and launch point...we loaded the TWs into the "Badger" Ferry, strapped them down, and settled in for our Trip Across Lake Michigan...a 3 Hour Tour of sorts...more to come!
Great Lakes Downsize Ludington 1.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
After our first night on the road, we were up early at Ludington to catch the first ferry across Lake Michigan to Wisconsin. Ol' Hoot is prone to getting seasick in large waters if it's rough, so I headed up top...but not to worry, the waves were non existent and the sun felt good...the "3 Hour Tour" went off without a hitch, and we unloaded at Manitowoc, Wisconsin, and headed north to the Wisconsin Northwoods for another Motel and another Mexican Meal....馃尣馃Hoot had not had a "Buzz Cut" since Air Force Basic Training back in the summer of 68, but decided to say the Hell with Helmet Hair, and had my barber George {RIP} do it...it grew back eventually...
Great Lakes Run 025 (1).JPG

The trip was a nice ride and we arrived at Manitowoc, without issues...
Great Lakes Manitowoc.jpg

Unloading the TWs we headed toward Shawano and the Northwoods...
Great Lakes Run 036.JPG

Another Motel and another Mexican Eatery, and we would be ready for the "Meat" of our 9 Day Adventure...
Great Lakes Run 030.JPG

West By Gawd Virginia 037.JPG

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
More Great Lakes Adventure Ride Photos...We headed north from Shawano, Wisconsin, towards the Michigan UP...Borneo's Ride had a front bearing issue due to the Nephew Wreck back in Indiana before we left...but the man knows what he's doing and we {he} repaired it in Iron Mountain, Michigan...
Great Lakes Run 034 (1).JPG

{1} Wolf River north of Shawano, in the Northwoods...

{2} Hoot's "Selfie" along the Wolf...
Great Lakes Run 033 (1).JPG

{3} Borneo gets down to work at the ACE Hardware store in Iron Mountain...
Great Lakes Run 041.JPG

{4} We then went due North towards Baraga ...We were deep into the UP aka: "Yooper" now, and the real adventures were about to begin...

Baraga Map.png

By shear luck we found this grand motel, with bar and all the fixins...it was Borneo's turn to buy and as luck would have it, the Judge got the lowest price on the best motel...we didn't drink much {well Borneo and Montezuma didn't} on this trip...except right here, and we partied hard at the little motel bar...that story next! It was now wet outside, and inside as well... 馃嵑
Baraga country-inn-suites.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
70 Degrees and sunny again today in Western Ohio...more photos later...too damn nice to sit on the computer or phone... 馃槆 馃槆馃嵑

Reactions: SpeedyTide

Registered
(y) Keep it up Hoot.
Sometimes these rides with our buddies are the most memorable.
I'm going to miss chasing this guy around, another skilled rider comfortable with wringing 9/10ths out of himself and his TW. Sometimes making every ride a learning experience can be my kind of adventure.

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
Baraga to Marquette ... August 1, 2015...{part #1}

After a night of downing quanities of quality beers, we, at least Hoot, had a slight {sic} hangover, but the rain was gone and it was time to ride the length of the Yooper west to east...Borneo and Montezuma early in the evening at the Bar...Montezuma was "sober" enough to pay the tab and give a $50 tip to our Native American Barmaid...I think between Pizza, Beers, and Tip, he sank about $200 into the local economy...Thanks Buddy!
Bar Resized Kurt.jpg
Bar Resized Nick.jpg

Despite the hangover the weather was great the next morning, and off we went...We stayed off US 2 the main UP Road for most of the time...Borneo snapped this one of Hoot and Montezuma on some gravel somewhere in the western half of the UP... Yooper Gravel 3.jpg
Yooper Gravel 3.jpg

The distance between Baraga and Marquette is about 73 miles on the main road, we turned it into a sun filled 90 mile back road jaunt...stopping on occasion for refreshments or to refresh.
Upper Great Lakes Adventure 3c.jpg

We arrived in Marquette early afternoon, and found a nice motel just outside of town...and for once we didn't eat Mexican, Lunch was a soup and sandwich shop meal, and supper was at a local Original Chinese eatery...the change was excellent. The weather, scenery, and riding, was just as good...Marquette part #2 up next

Great Lakes Run Beached TW.jpg

21 - 40 of 61 Posts