TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
My brother picked that up on last summer's OBDR ride. He said he had a brief moment of panic but found out quickly that it only grazed him.
IMG_2687.jpg

My buddy that was also on the ride did this at about 200 miles into the 1140. He knew he hurt it but refused to take off his boot until about 8 hours later after we'd set up camp for the night. Never once complained.
20200712_215401.jpg
20200712_215956.jpg

The other guy crashed several times and on the home stretch messed up an elbow and shoulder. We all made it out alive. Doing it again in July.
20200716_052543.jpg
IMG_2746(1).jpg

·
Registered
21,499 Posts
Torroweep, Arizona. Moonrise over Grand Canyon

Perfect solitude far, far, far away from typical National Park crowds until a van of Russians showed up and wanted to sing, drink & play music partying late into the night. Very nice friendly people, but I would have been happier if they were across the river on the South Rim.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
This place could use some Landscape Work... :oops: 🌲 Just Riding Around Photos...
DSCF0366 (1).JPG

Thankfully it was only Rain...🙀
DSC00841 (2).JPG

Early Morning Ride Around Grand Lake...
DSC00849 (1).JPG

Hoot and Montezuma's Rides getting ready for a Sunrise Run...
DSCF0396 (4).JPG

Purple Sunrise on Grand Lake...
Grand Lake MIsty Morning vivid.jpg

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
The Up and Down April weather continues in the Heartland...one day 80 the next 39...even some snow coming to west central Ohio for next week...but mid April, it won't last long...here are some more blasts from the past...

{1} Backyard Hummingbirds...these guys are quick and even the backyard cats have no chance of catching them...

🙀
DSC_0280 (2).JPG

{2} So the lazy buggers don't even try...Squirrels and young Rabbits are easier..

DSC00048 (2).JPG

{3} Meanwhile...This guy hangs around the garage catching wasps and other bugs...that's a wayward wasp in his grasp ...More nature later...🙀

DSC_0213 (2).JPG

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Summer 2016...Montezuma and Hoot's Indiana Covered Bridge Ride...

We spent 4 days and 3 nights exploring central and southern Indiana Covered Bridge Country

Covered Bridge Run Indiana 043.JPG
Covered Bridge 3D 2.png
Covered Bridge Run Indiana 051.JPG
Covered Bridge Run Indiana 087.JPG
The Road to Moscow{Indiana}.png

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I want to thank everyone for taking the time to post pictures !
I really enjoy them ......
mike from N.C.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
and some more Covered Indiana Bridges...and backroads...
Covered Bridge Run Indiana 013.JPG
Covered Bridge Run Indiana 019 (1).JPG
Covered Bridge Run Indiana 046.JPG
Covered Bridge Spencerville, Indiana {2}.png
Amish Indiana 009 (1).JPG

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hoot, where are you in Indiana?

I saw a covered bridge or two, and nice backroads traveling thru when I bought my TW in Orleans, IN in June ‘18. I sure wanted to stay & ride, but hadn’t planned on being up there, as NC was the plan. It all worked out though.

Some beautiful country up there!

Wanted to stop here too, but was in a hurry to get back to Jacksonville.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hoot, where are you in Indiana?

I saw a covered bridge or two, and nice backroads traveling thru when I bought my TW in Orleans, IN in June ‘18. I sure wanted to stay & ride, but hadn’t planned on being up there, as NC was the plan. It all worked out though.

Some beautiful country up there!

Wanted to stop here too, but was in a hurry to get back to Jacksonville.
View attachment 214069

View attachment 214070 View attachment 214071
Montezuma and I live on Grand Lake in West Central Ohio....about 12 miles from the Indiana State Line...we traveled south of I_70 into south and central Indiana bridge country...putting on about 800 miles in those 4 days, captured 21 Covered Bridges, while dodging rain and storms, ask Montezuma, he forgot to dodge one day, while Hoot was safe in a Shell Gas Station with a Harley rider, both of us smart enough to know when to pull over... 😎

Orleans is about 50 or 60 miles south of Nashville, Indiana, in Brown County, wife and I go there every year to a cabin just outside of town...beautiful country...Orleans is about 200 miles south and a bit west of where I live...

The Cabin just outside of Nashville, Indiana
DSC01156.JPG

Reactions: SpeedyTide

·
Registered
21,499 Posts
Do favorite adventure videos count?

Riding back to camp with three good buddies via possibly my favorite slickrock shortcut near the end of a very memorable day makes this one of my favorite videos. Sort of trail where you can find broken down rigs. Haven't seen any of these Nor-Cal amigos in over a year.

These clips were from an earlier road portion of the day from Pacific side of Sierras to the interior. A somewhat different feel.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Great stuff all, thanks for sharing!!

I've done hwy 4 when closed, on a bicycle. The Death Ride, aka, Tour of the California Alps. These days twist of the throttle works better.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
No TW Riding this past weekend, but plenty of "adventure" up in Borneo Country....we, my best friend Rick, and another Celina and College Buddy, Clint, decided to forego the costly and lately fruitless Mushroom Hunting near Mesick Michigan...and stayed at Rick's {about 15 miles from Borneo's Ranch in Northeast Indiana}...Rick has a pond stocked full of Large Mouth Bass, Blue Gills, and Perch, along with about 5 acres of woods on his 17 acre homestead...so we saved about $1000 combined in bar tabs, motel bills, and $3 gas, by staying at Rick's Place{No, not that Rick's Place}😁
Rick's Place Casablanca... (2).jpg
Rick's Pond Sepia.jpg
Rick's Pond Mushrooms 1.jpg
DSCF7056 (2).JPG
Rick's Pond Blue Gill 1.jpg
...We came away with over 200 large and smaller sized Yellow Morel Mushrooms, and Clint and I bagged about 4 dozen Blue Gill and Bass...being the lazy bastard I am, I bobber fished for the Blues while Clint worked for the Bass...Final Count...200+ Mushroom{more than we have gathered in the past decade, combined, in Michigan. Hoot caught 35 good sized Blue Gill and a couple of good sized Bass, and Clint bagged about 20 Bass...all in all a good weekend catch, and almost forgot to mention we downed maybe a couple cases of lager... 🍺 🐟

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The early and mid April warmth has turned to **** over the last 3 weeks or so, including 5 inches of rain over the just ended weekend...not good for riding, or field plants...but it is Spring and we are used to this back and forth...I've seen my share of Spring Sh***y Riding Weather over the past few years....

{1} Many years ago in May 1982, my final year of full time Radio Broadcasting [I did another 25 years part time in Radio and TV News} as Program Director at WCSM Radio in Celina...I got a call that the Beaver Creek was flowing into the station and endangering the Studios....so I hopped on my Yamaha 650 street bike, rode the 2 miles to the station and this is what I found...I called out the staff and the Sand Baggers protected the station until the Beaver returned to it's banks...
WCSM Flooding 2.jpg

{2} Hoot "thinking"... about who I could sucker, er, get to fill Sand Bags...
WCSM Flooding 1.jpg

The Tower Field looking much like our own Grand Lake, in which from the Beaver Creek flows...
WCSM Flood 2008.jpg

{4} More Tower Field Water....{not my photo...whoever did this one had a better camera than I did in 82...I've since improved my camera and equipment, and my bank account status...trust me, Radio, as it was in those days,
WCSM Towers.jpg
was no way to make a living for a family man...but the part time years were great}

61 - 73 of 73 Posts