TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 · (Edited)
Back out this morning at my favorite Grand Lake photo shoot area...in addition to the morning sunrise, a few hundered huge White Pelicans, some Juvenile Bald Eagles, and other Waterfowl...I came across this somewhat Friendly Hawk...so much so I though he {pretty sure it was a he} might be injured, but nope, it eventually flew off when an Eagle approached...but it did entertain me and let me shoot a couple of dozen photos as he played "Kick the Can" with some trash a moron at left for his entertainment...
Bird Accipitridae Beak Falcon Falconiformes
Bird Accipitridae Beak Falconiformes Grass
Bird Accipitridae Beak Feather Falcon

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Back out this morning at my favorite Grand Lake photo shoot area...in addition to the morning sunrise, a few hundered huge White Pelicans, some Juvenile Bald Eagles, and other Waterfowl...I came across this somewhat Friendly Red Tail Hawk...so much so I though he {pretty sure it was a he} might be injured, but nope, it eventually flew off when an Eagle approached...but it did entertain me and let me shoot a couple of dozen photos as he played "Kick the Can" with some trash a moron at left for his entertainment... View attachment 218616 View attachment 218617 View attachment 218618
Great photos

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Did you get a chance to inspect the can? Might have been a dizzy mouse or lizard hiding inside.
Once the Hawk lost interest, I picked it up and tossed it in the trash...no critters, although I agree, the Hawk may have been checking it out for same...

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
More from my walk and photo shoot around Grand Lake this morning...A morning collection of {1} Just before Sunrise...{2} White Pelicans in formation at Sunrise...{3} A Cormorant flying over the rocky shoreline...{4} Red Tail makes a landing...{5} Trumpter Swan with some friends in the outlying waters of the lake...{6} One of Several Hundred large White Pelicans of Grand Lake, they should be heading south to warmer climate next month and return next March or early April...

Water Sky Cloud Afterglow Orange
Bird Sky Water Ecoregion Nature

Sky Bird Accipitridae Beak Falcon

Bird Accipitridae Falcon Beak Plant

Water Bird Plant Water resources Natural landscape

Water Bird Vertebrate Beak Fluid

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)
Thanks Hoot, beautiful pictures
Thanks Plumb...got some more to get out...I snapped about 200 this morning and perhaps 25 or 30 are worth putting out there...{IMO, has humble as it is} ;)

I did enjoy this one...I got {he let me} get within about 6 or 7 feet...I whistled at him and he gave me this look..."You Talking To Me"? :unsure:😆

Bird Accipitridae Beak Galliformes Feather

·
Registered
23,568 Posts
Here is a favorite photo of Adam-in-Nevada doing his Lawrence of Arabia camel flogging imitation.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Vehicle

I got a call out of the blue from him "Fred, are you busy?" "Sure, What's up?" " Think I could use a little help"
Despite hot desert heat he had managed to get trapped in likely the last remaining gumbo mud hole and after a few hours had to give up on all self-rescue efforts. Fortunately he could get cell coverage. It took about another hour for the two of us to extricate his KLR.

·
Registered
23,568 Posts
...a better photo of Adam on a better day on a fall color group ride and camp-out high in the Sweetwaters.
Despite a nearby wildfire the first day and rain & snow subsequent days we had good times.
Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Outdoor recreation

These are the views we were taking in from our 9,500 ft. base camp.
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape

Roads tunneling through colorful aspens made for very nice cruising'. .
Water Plant People in nature Natural landscape Tree

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Freezing or Sweating...which is your preference? Outside of a day like today in West Central Ohio...where it's 75 with a light east wind, and full sunshine...and here I volunteered for damn work, just to help out ... 😕 I should be out riding, photo taking, or fishing...maybe all 3.

On the other hand, I'd rather sweat than freeze while riding...😎

·
Registered
23,568 Posts
Hoot, 12 degrees this morning at 6,400 ft elevation Bridgeport at base of much higher Sweetwaters. Ready for a ride up high?
Last year about this time I solo camped up there with my dogs. They got cold as I sat around a roaring camp fire so I put them in van to stay warm, alas also with the car keys.
Well, they somehow had locked me out in the cold with no keys, no coat, no flashlight and a dwindling supply of firewood. Rrrrr! Brrrrr!
Fortunately I could find my hide-a-key as I really didn't want to break a window to get inside.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Fall is in the air for sure...South Side of Grand Lake Sunset at Windy Point, my old Fishing and "Necking" hangout in my High School and Pre Air Force Days... 😎

Water Cloud Sky Water resources Atmosphere

·
Registered
23,568 Posts
Adam-in-Nevada & I shared some good adventures like on this "easy trail" along with Boarder255. Adventurous in that in a boulder sheared off my entire left foot peg a few miles further on. Unwilling to backtrack 15 rocky miles or so back to camp we instead stitched together another 60 plus miles of secondary roads and pavement with my foot resting atop stator cover. A long day.
Tire Wheel Plant Bicycle Bicycle wheel

Almost all of that route is in the reported Caldor Fire burnt zone.:(
...I just hope fire spared my favorite campsite in the region. Nice place for a post ride fireside cocktail.
Wheel Plant Tire Vehicle Plant community

Morning coffee comes with a choice of views while planning the day's ride.
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Larch

·
Registered
23,568 Posts
This is shameless but I am reduced to plundering & plagiarizing Oldworld124's photos.
This one of John's deserves praise. Taken from beneath a rock overhang up in Canyonlands Island in the Sky it captures the moment nicely with great depth, variety, balanced composition and artistry. That mean it must have been taken by his wife? :giggle:

Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape Bedrock

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Glad to see that Fred has revived this thread, some of these old photos bring back fond memories for sure....Moab, Big Bend, West Virginia, the Michigan "Yooper", and others....like the Southern Indiana Summer Covered Bridge Ride in August 2016...after 3 days of not so hard riding in the Heat and some Rain, it was good to sit back in my cluttered garage and have a Ale and Cigar... 😁
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Sky
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
23,568 Posts
Relaxing around a nice campfire at end of a long day recalling ride's adventures helps make for good memories.
Sky Ecoregion Light Mountain Bonfire

This one from flanks of White Mountains looking back over The Buttermilks into Hoover Wilderness.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I know I've shared some of these elsewhere, but this may find new eyes. I took a 5 day solo ride across WI and MI this fall on the CB500X.

Wildlife:
Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Refreshments:
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

Lake Superior:
Sky Tire Plant Automotive tire Wheel

Whitefish Point:
Tire Sky Lighthouse Wheel Building

Endless crossing:
Cloud Water Sky Body of water Bridge

Ferry ride across Lake Michigan:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Pupsocket...those remind me of Borneo, Montezuma, and Hoot, in Michigan, the Northwoods, and the Yooper, back in 2015....much of the same territory...

Superior, Yooper Gravel, Crossing Lake Michigan, Baraga Bar Motel{Hoot was pretty well drunk when he snapped this one of Montezuma and Borneo}, and Crossing over the Mackinac Bridge...
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Blue
Sky Plant Vehicle Cloud Tire
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Table Furniture Picture frame Wood Drink
Sky Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt Architecture

101 - 120 of 120 Posts