TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Some pictures

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lakesideboo 
#1 ·
The best 5 hours I spent all week!

One good thing about license plates:

Wheelie bumps!

Road to the top clearly visible

Looking down from Santiago peak on to Modjeska peak. The lower space in between is the Saddle of Saddleback. And yes, you can get there from here. That is the top of Mt. Palomar in the distance

The end of the road at the top of Santiago

This is what's up there, serving Orange, Riverside and San Diego counties! Not what I came for, but it does remind me of my old army days. All those microwaves... Next time I'm bringing hot dogs!

Zoomed in on Mt. San Jacinto in the distance. Highest peak in that range.

Mt San Gorgornio, in the distance. Highest peak in the San Bernadino's

There were sections of road covered with crushed rock the size of the bigger ones under this sign. I didn't get any pictures of it because I was too busy trying not to kill myself. Next time I'll make a point.

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting how small the world gets from that particular vantage point. We're almost 100 miles from Santiago Peak by road, on the north side of the Berdoos. Seems like the Berdoos are just across the street in pictures. You can see a good portion of 4 of the largest counties in the U.S. from there. Pretty cool spot.

Are you gaining access from the 74, or elsewhere?

#5 ·
I've been up here on a clear day, hiking. You really can see forever. San Diego, Riverside, San Bernadino, Orange and Los Angeles counties are all mostly visible, plus the ocean and a few of the islands. It's not the longest ride, but I highly recommend this place just for the views.

#4 ·
I came in from the Silverado Canyon side, up Maple Springs Road to North Main Divide. North Main is open all the way from Ortega to Bedford Peak, so you could get up here off of Ortega Hwy as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.