TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just a quick note that I am posting a ride report on AdventureRider.com about my upcoming trip on a TW200. I will be leaving sunny Arizona on 6 February. To make things sorta simple, here is a link to the start of the report.
Someday is here! - ADVrider
I hope you can join me as I wander south. John M.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
awesome! can't wait to see the pictures!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Good luck and safe travels! Hope you have a blast. If you were looking for something to kill time till you leave, I'd love to read some about your bike. It looks plenty unique enough to warrant its own thread if you get a chance. Can't wait to read hopefully that and your upcoming RR.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'll also be watching. Have a great ride and stay safe. It should be an awesome trip.

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Good timing this post is. I wake up to it snowing again. Sounds like you have a great adventure in store, and gonna share it with us.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks for the encouragement. I am looking forward to this newest Adventure. I made a few additions to the stock T-dub, but nothing extreme. Pro-taper HiRise bars, XT-225 tank were the biggies. The front rack and the rear platform are home made.

Simple plywood platform . The angle brace is to keep the bicycle pannier off the exhaust. The other side pannier is held out by the ubiquitous welding rod tube.

This is pretty much the final setup. A small tent, sleeping bag and a Thermorest pad make a pretty comfortable backrest. I stand about 6'1" and weigh about 180. I was 6'4" before I broke my back in four places. I now have a bit of a kink in my gittie-up. :wacko:

I am working on the list of goodies stuffed in all the bags and boxes. Will get to it soon. :clock: John

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
have fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts