TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks interesting to me. Price, range, speed all look pretty good. Make sure to click around and see additional info. I'm interested in what you think, so please comment.

Details and Pictures

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
It's a neat little bike..
Kinda like the look
I like the weight
I did not see a rear brake pedal
As always the deal breaker is the range.
I would bet just to get the 80 miles you have to baby it at 45 MPH
Or something silly like to that
Mike from NC

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I liked the weight, the colors available and the price. It seems thousands of dollars cheaper than most electric bikes. Range, Hmmm ok for around town I guess.

Reactions: Ken

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bet you would get a lot of compliments on it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As compare to the 80 mph we get on the tw. 45 is our sweet spot. I can barely get 120 miles on a tank, but I can still carry more gas. Can you carry more electrons?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I guess I could put my Little trailer on the back with a generator in it..

IF your normal Sunday ride with the guys is less then 50 miles I guess it would be great
Or if you have a Starbucks near the house....lol
Mike from NC

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you see the little video?

Sondors Metacycle

I kind of like this little bike.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about having the motor in the rear wheel..
80 pounds of torque that's about the same as a 1200 Sportster..
Should be a wheelie monster if it didn't break..
If they gave me one for free ( hint. hint ). I would put dirt tires
On it and ride it back and forth to work
Lots of good free advertising at a high profile location....

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
200 lbs. I would be afraid someone would pick it up and throw it in their truck. Well they already do that even with Harleys. Very bad situation to hinder use unless your on it. You would have to chain it up like a bicycle+wheel lock+phone tracker+alarm+concealed carry=It may not walk away.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Everyone knows nuclear is the future.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
With the low weight and size of that front disk, stopping must be a pleasure.

Marty

Reactions: littletommy

·
Administrator
6,314 Posts
"Sculpted ergonomic saddle for increased comfort and control" - one way of putting it - "skateboard with a bit of carpet on" is another ........

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Sondors builds very nice quality bikes but they are notorious for vaporware ebikes ie taking deposits (usually the full sale price) for ebikes to be delivered at a future date often months or years out.
I currently own 2 Sondors Fold XS and love them.
If I was to order another bad ass ebike right now I'd buy the Sur Ron from Luna Cycle in Cali
- it's in stock now ready to roll

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't have a problem with electric vehicles. But I want the same functions and usability I get now.
Oh and I don't want pay more for it. I know it sounds selfish to not step up and deposit my retirement fund into a $50k+ tesla or a $5,000 unproven electric motorcycle with less range and it's not really built with my needs in mind.
My main issue is most electric vehicles are more expensive to own, and most will never recoup their initial cost over the long term, as most don't keep vehicles long enough.
But the main thing is you have to conform to their capabilities. Instead of them doing what I need or currently have the ability to do with my ICE vehicles.
Some day they will build one for me. But that is not today.

·
Registered
643 Posts
My stance on electric motorcycles is the same as my stance on electric cars. When the electric choice has the same (or better) range, under the same conditions, and can recharge as fast as I can refill my gas tank, I'll be halfway on board. It also needs to cost the same WITHOUT .GOV SUBSIDIES, cost the same to operate over the life of ownership, and have all the same creature comforts of the equivalent ICE vehicle.
The time is coming when EVs will be the norm. I'll gladly make the transition when it's truly a better product.

The OP's bike is intriguing, but not a good fit for me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts