TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I would be interested in reading some independent ride reviews.
I wonder what liability insurance is on something like this.
It's up to you littletommy
Buy it
Ride it easy , ride it hard. Beat the crap out of it..
Spend many days in the saddle. Break it fix it
Put ten thousand miles on it in
Rain, snow , sleet and hail.
Give it a true Fred type tw workout.
Let us know how it turns out
...,....BE A HERO.........

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
for me the advantage of the ebike was the possibility to ride under power in places where you can't ride gas powered stuff and you don't need title or street reg etc. Also nice to carry my Sondors Fold XS in my Sprinter or RAM camper as an emergency back up or scout vehicle. Silent way to scope campgrounds etc after hours and not bother anybody including sleeping dogs
What I didn't expect to find is some of the monsters that are already on the market like the Stealth B-2 etc
Many companies including Sondors are making 70's vintage motorbike clones that look like say the cb100 etc the problem is when you make them look too much like a motorcycle people on trails freak out so I want mine to look like pedal bikes first and foremost

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
this looks like an electric tw! supposed to be out this spring? i want to see some more specific details about this one, i'd be interested in getting one if they pan out.
Wonder how much travel the front forks have.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
this looks like an electric tw! supposed to be out this spring? i want to see some more specific details about this one, i'd be interested in getting one if they pan out.
Only if it's street legal would I be interested. At that price, it's comparable to the average electric bike.

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yeah, me too. Must be able to be licensed for the street.

Reactions: Westieterrier

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well,
Since we're on the discussion of E-bikes, have any of you seen this video? It's been around for short time but, it's pretty impressive, I think anyways. You can always tell a CA rider 'cause,. as screwed up as CA is, it's the ONLY STATE that you can legally SPLIT LANES! And, while I've split a few miles of lanes in CA when I lived there, I was NEVER AS CRAZY as this bone head is. But, the video's about the bike, not his less than stellar quality motorcycle riding. See what you think. It's about a 20 minute video. And, without a doubt, that is one seriously FAST E-bike!
Scott

2020 Zero Motorcycle SR/F Premium Review | MC Commute - YouTube

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
How would one get a title and registration for something like this ? ?
Spend five thousand plus dollars and hope that maybe , possibly one day
You might be able to get a license plate for it ?
That would scare the heck out of me ! ! !
I've learned the hard way.
If something doesn't have a good clean title I leave it alone

·
Registered
176 Posts
As compare to the 80 mph we get on the tw. 45 is our sweet spot. I can barely get 120 miles on a tank, but I can still carry more gas. Can you carry more electrons?
Not to mention that I can stop my TW (or whicever ICE vehicle) at a service station and refuel in under five minutes, then drive another 120+ miles. If I have some kind of quick charging apparatus, I might be able to recharge in an hour or more - and if I don't I have to park it and plug it in overnight.

For anything other than short commutes, electric is just plain useless to me right now. Maybe that will change over time.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
They should just skip all the DOT bull crap ...
Add a set of pedals ..
Have the software limit the max speed to 28mph ( with an easily breakable code )
And sell it as an ebike .,
No registration needed .,
Just ride 25 mph when the man has his eyes upon you ..
Play till your hearts content when he doesn't ..
I would give it a try ..
mike from NC

21 - 33 of 33 Posts