TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a while now and can't find e-clips of the correct size for my '06 TW carb needle. I bent two of them. My fingers don't work nearly so well as they did 50 years ago. I see that for $20-25 I can order a needle which comes with a clip, but I'd rather pay $5 for three clips. Or something like that.

I finally bought the e-clip installation tool. <sigh>

I have a 2006 with ~ 4k miles on it. 1K is mine. PO was a 80 year old guy who took good care of it. I find that it is jetted too lean and I'm afraid I'll damage it so I am rejetting it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi Marshall’s Industrial Hardware store here in San Diego has an amazing assortment of fasteners. If you can measure your clip I think they would put a few sizes in an envelope and send them to you. I also bought metric SS Allen head screws with lock washers for my carb bowls and SS socket head screws for my carb top. I also got my washers for shimmering the needle there.

When I have added washers to my needles I just pull off the nylon spacer instead of removing the clip. It is kinda tight but will slide with a little effort.

Industrial Hardware in San Diego - Marshall's Hardware

E-Clips (METRIC) Products - Marshall's Hardware

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
It’s not 3 for $5 but here is the full needle and clip for only $9 2006 TW200 - TW200V Yamaha Motorcycle CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

I use Ace Hardwares as they also have a large assortment of miscellaneous fasteners and actually helpful and trained staff to find things like that. I’m sure Marshall’s or an Ace will have them and i would bet it is much less than $5 for 3 of them.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You should be able to walk in almost any bike shop and get one. No tools required to remove or install clip. Push on and off on a hard surface like glass using thumb and index finger from other hand to keep it from going anywhere

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I have been looking for a while now and can't find e-clips of the correct size for my '06 TW carb needle. I bent two of them. My fingers don't work nearly so well as they did 50 years ago. I see that for $20-25 I can order a needle which comes with a clip, but I'd rather pay $5 for three clips. Or something like that.

I finally bought the e-clip installation tool. <sigh>

I have a 2006 with ~ 4k miles on it. 1K is mine. PO was a 80 year old guy who took good care of it. I find that it is jetted too lean and I'm afraid I'll damage it so I am rejetting it.
I found this one and saved it in case it is helpful. I think this site may be what you need.
https://farmandsandtoys.com/ocart2/categories/jets-needles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts