TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That aren't complete and utter gobshite like the ones from superbrightleds.com? I've only ever had two last more than a few weeks, most for about a week or so. Just got another 10, and the first 3 I installed popped their nipples (uh huh), the last one causing my fuse to blow (wow, take that however you may). Maybe I should just go back to standard bulbs in High Beam and Neutral, leaving the LED lottery for the Turn Indicator (future LED turn signals install)...

TIA

·
Registered
20,167 Posts
Maybe talk to the folks at Fry's electronics and wire up your own circuits from diode and resistor. Or talk to superbrightled again, they may have ommited telling you need for matching resistance to limit current to 200 milliamps or so.Those light emitting diodes are very polarity and amperage sensitive and it sounds like not enough resistence in your circuit thus too many milliamps are burning out your l.e.d.s. You certainly should not have blown a fuse either, real head scratcher.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I got mine on ebay and they've been in for 2 years without any problems. I don't remember which seller I got them from but I'm sure it was a Chinese one. If you search for 'ba9s led smd dash' you will see a bunch of different styles.

Pic of mine. For some reason led won't work in my flasher indicator. I have led turn signals and an electronic flasher but have to run an incandescent indicator light.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You certainly should not have blown a fuse either, real head scratcher.
When the nipple on the bottom pushed in, it touched the side of the bulb, shorting it. And thanks for reiterating the resistance/milliamp stuffs from the last time you heard me complain about these bulbs. But even with all of the electrics properly in place, their bulbs are just physically poop. That bottom nubbin shouldn't invert with such light force.

Tirebiter - thank you! Weird that the LED doesn't work for you - do you have the diode setup? I've read that for LED blinkers, one has to then either throw the diode in, use an LED bulb, or just take the bulb out altogether.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The path to where I am on this is old, long, and forgotten. Most likely I started by ordering the wrong bulbs, and continued the tradition by using previous order emails for new orders. I'll be the first person to admit how mechanically ignorant I am. I'll try the correct 12v bulbs and hope for stronger nipples. :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered 5. Really hoping it was just me blindly ordering the wrong item. Thanks Ski Pro 3!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I haven't had any trouble with their LED's in either of my TW's('99 & '04). I did receive one bad bulb in my order. The center contact was pushed in. They replaced it without question.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put the bulbs in last night. First bulb's nipple / center contact pushed in right off the bat, so one bulb down already. Three put in place, with one spare. Hopefully that takes care of things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts