TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few folks have expressed some interest in the area so we are going camping and riding in the South Hills this weekend. We're actually coming down on Friday night...at this point. We have no idea where our camp will be as we've never been down here so not sure of a good meet-up spot should anyone want to join us. We'll probably only ride on Saturday, with a slight maybe on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Admiral! You pulled the trigger too soon. I have to be up in Cascade to help a buddy in a sailing race. :( :D I am looking forward to your great stories and pictures. Have a great time!

·
Registered
189 Posts
We are thinking of going up Saturday morning, to spend the day playing around on the bikes. My wife and kids are thinking about going to Diamondfield Jack camp ground or Porcupine springs camp ground. Lots of flat area for them to get some experience on the basics. Also a lot of trails and roads for them to explore.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Had a few different ideas... lots of options.... wanted a nice drive, not a ton of gunsels, and to put you all in the center of the kind of riding you want to do...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't remember if they are pay sites or not. They didn't use to be. If they are it shouldn't be more than $10.00. There are a lot of Free camp site around up there Close to these. It has been a while since I have camped up there. It is pretty busy at times.

Bear gulch is another one that has lots of riding around it. Mostly roads. But there is a humming bird feeding station close by, and moose are all over up there.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Diamond will be full of city trash on the weekend.... porcupine is 10 a single, 14 a double....I recommend Bear...lots of two track, quiet, and only 14 miles from mostly gentle downhill single track...plus the morn ride could end up in Jackpot for lunch or an early dinner....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Diamond will be full of city trash on the weekend.... porcupine is 10 a single, 14 a double....I recommend Bear...lots of two track, quiet, and only 14 miles from mostly gentle downhill single track...plus the morn ride could end up in Jackpot for lunch or an early dinner....
Thats pretty much what I remember about why I don't go up to Diamondfield Jack.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are going to the Bear Gulch area as suggested by Flathats. Flathats I will call you tonight but can you PM me your Phone # again.

I think RockyTFS is up in the area this week and if he reports back we may change. I will post here tomorrow our "for sure maybe plans"! :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
We are going to the Bear Gulch area as suggested by Flathats. Flathats I will call you tonight but can you PM me your Phone # again.

I think RockyTFS is up in the area this week and if he reports back we may change. I will post here tomorrow our "for sure maybe plans"! :D

We are heading to Bear Gulch also. We plan on going up Saturday morning, and spending the day. I will keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We are heading to Bear Gulch also. We plan on going up Saturday morning, and spending the day. I will keep an eye out for you.
Very cool.

No matter what trailer I'm using look for the camper (1P plates) and if I remember, the Pirate Flag too!

:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts