TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to carry a couple of spare fuses with me, just in case. Not that I would know if a fuse is blown but I like many ounces of prevention... The owner's manual says the fuses are under Panel B. Where is panel B? the picture in the manual shows 20 amps fuses, is this correct? Are there motorcycle only fuses or are they all the same? Perfectly OK to roll your eyes, I know nothing. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
It helps to identify your model tear but we can usually read between the lines. Sounds like you have a new generation TW with the more modern ATC blade type fuse. Older bikes have the glass fuse, I believe an AGC class?.size Both new and older TWs have the fuse located under the right side panel which is press fit onto the bike. It pulls off without any tools, Fuse holder is next to tool kit.
Best bet is to open up your side panel, inspect fuse and terminals, then go get replacements.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It helps to identify your model tear but we can usually read between the lines. Sounds like you have a new generation TW with the more modern ATC blade type fuse. Both new and older TWs have the fuse located under the right side panel which is press fit onto the bike. It pulls off without any tools, Fuse holder is next to tool kit.
It's a 2018, I did not know that was important and yes, I'm pretty easy reading, haha

Thank you.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Anyways these are common automotive fuses, nothing special, readily available. There should be two of the blade fuses, one in use and the other is a spare. I pack another spare as cheap insurance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts