TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was about to change my spark plug that I bought a s local Motorcycle shop. It's a NGK 7512 D8EA. I was looking on one of the other thread and it stated that we should use DR8EA. Does it matte which plug I use? I have a 2006

·
Registered
254 Posts
good morning, the D8EA would be a non resistor vs DR8EA. My '06 manual calls for DR8EA (#7162). While googling D8EA the number #2120 comes up not #7512. 7512 shows to be a D6EA.
Not sure what you have there? I would try to get the correct plug.

best regards, MAC

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
good morning again, did some research @ NGK site. D8EA is listed for 1987 - 1999 TW. DR8EA is listed for newer models.
They list D8EA as #2120.
They list #7512 as D6EA (hotter heat range)

good luck, MAC

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. You think going to a local motorcycles shop they would get right and the owner sold me the plug. Go figure :(

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rick, when "I" go to the local motorcycle shop or any motorcycle shop, or auto parts store...I presume that they are going to give me the WRONG parts to begin with. So I come armed with all the knowledge needed to make sure I get the RIGHT part, and at a discounted price.

NO ONE should know more about YOUR motorcycle, than YOU.

Lecture over....how are the girls in Hawaii ? :D
I agree that's why I checked the plug this morning before I considered installing it. I keep notes on stuff like this in my phone but since this is my new "lifestyle" I haven't looked everything up yet. I know you noticed the word "lifestyle". Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts