TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have friends down in SLO going to the college there. I've crashed a Triumph Bonnie in your town. It's a great little city. Might have to pay it a visit soon.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do need to let you I have an abundance reserved for GaryL. He just doesn't know he needs it yet, and hasn't checked in yet.
Mel

·
Registered
583 Posts
Would you consider an even trade for ice,snow, sleet,rain and cold? Heck I'll even throw in some high winds. That's six for the price of two........might come in handy during your next drought??

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I do need to let you I have an abundance reserved for GaryL. He just doesn't know he needs it yet, and hasn't checked in yet.
Mel
What's this crap, No Shipping? Ours should start arriving in another month or so but today I can assure you my beer is colder than yours!

Thanks for the offer and I know you just love rubbing it in! 8 degrees here this morning with wind gusting around 35 MPH, feels like I need a freaking break PDQ.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just feel we need to break the intensity of enjoying, working on, improving and riding our TW's with a little humor even if it is at the expense of GaryL. I really enjoy this forum, may summer get here soon for those who don't have San Luis Obispo weather, and the riding be great where ever you are.
Mel

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I just feel we need to break the intensity of enjoying, working on, improving and riding our TW's with a little humor even if it is at the expense of GaryL. I really enjoy this forum, may summer get here soon for those who don't have San Luis Obispo weather, and the riding be great where ever you are.
Mel
GaryL can cash those checks so you all can go right ahead and insert your humor. There will come a time, albeit, short lived when I will have 75 degrees with no humidity and the smell of evergreens all around me while I am fishing a gorgeous mountain brook and you guys will be turning up the AC begging for some rain and relief. All good here at TW200.

GaryL

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mel
up here in the great white north we have to have a sence of humor or we 'd go postie with each other .iused to like all four seasons when i was younger,butspring ,summer ,and fall are beating out winter in my older years.i use to snowmobile a lot but they got too expensive to run,gas,fees,insurance,registration.up untill this year most of our winters since the eighty's were short or small snow amounts .atv's made more sence for this area .the tdub fits the bill even better because of the dual use and gas miser features.ithe gas i save with the tw lets me take out my 67mustang once in a while with out feeling alittle guilty.still need that rubber burning need for speed just to feel like a kid again.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
up here in the great white north we have to have a sence of humor or we 'd go postie with each other .iused to like all four seasons when i was younger,butspring ,summer ,and fall are beating out winter in my older years.i use to snowmobile a lot but they got too expensive to run,gas,fees,insurance,registration.up untill this year most of our winters since the eighty's were short or small snow amounts .atv's made more sence for this area .the tdub fits the bill even better because of the dual use and gas miser features.ithe gas i save with the tw lets me take out my 67mustang once in a while with out feeling alittle guilty.still need that rubber burning need for speed just to feel like a kid again.
Pictures of the Stang would be most welcome here!

GaryL

·
Registered
184 Posts
motor.jpg 100_0719.JPG 100_0713.JPG 100_0712.JPG 100_0711.JPG
Pictures of the Stang would be most welcome here!

GaryL
i keep forgetting ya'all like lots of pictures.my stang and some friends on a cruise last summer.i built the full roller in the stang,340hp.i also built the motor and interrior in the grafitty car .351 cobra jet roller motor,that was my first attempt at interrior work .i was lucky buddy had complete faith in my work and took the pressure off the project.lots of fun,goes like stink.i restomoded the stang with rack and pinion ,disc brakes ,heavy sway bars,aod tranny and355 gears

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Very nice WC! A best pal, still to this day had a gorgeous Canary Yellow Mustang fast back with 390 and 4 Spd back the first year the fast backs or 2+2 I think they called them came out. It was a real nice car but no match for a tree. He bought a black road runner GTX with 426 Hemi after that and just sold it a few years ago at one of those TV auction places for major bucks. I had a Sunbeam Tiger that was a major POS! Another buddy had a 67 GTO drop top and that was my favorite of them all, just a real nice car with some decent zoom but the gals loved it. All through HS we had some gorgeous muscle cars in this area, anything from the Hemi Cudas, 396 SS Chevelles and a couple Shelby GT Mustangs and even a 427 Cobra. All owned by 17 and 18 year old rich kids who lived on the top side of the town. The one who had the Cobra, his dad owned a very famous race horse, Nevele Pride and a real big Jewish hotel, The Nevele. All are in ruins today.

Thanks for posting the pics.

GaryL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts