TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Living life camping off the bike... way to go.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Wow, talk about solitude. Very beautiful and solemn.

Did I see a "Twix" candy bar?
That folding seat... I could never sit in one of those, they are too comfortable.
Noticed you were eyeballing some sheep. Might be time to head into a nearby town for a drink, :)

Ride Safe and Happy

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Eye balling sheep! That was rough mike. Lol

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Anybody who carries a Twix candy bar and a hatchet can't be all bad! :p Very pretty area to ride and I love exploring the old buildings. Being able to hang out in one is a bonus. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
234 Posts
My god...talk about a worldwide TW community.... I assume you are in the real Pyrenees mountain range between Spain and France..... I just happen to be Basque and have spent some time there ….mostly in Barcelona..... a world class city..... but also in Andorra one of the most beautiful places on earth.....unfortunately without a trail bike.... but I did some hiking and exploring by VW.

I was amazed to find out that there was a strain of Grizzly Bears and wolves there ??? I had mistakenly assume there were none left in Western Europe...

Thank you for the video....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Potski, I envy you very much!
Hi 45 Toter,
Thanks. Glad you liked it. Not sure what to say to your comment. Funny thing is, if I could have my life over I'd probably move over from the UK to the States. The grass is always greener as they say.
Noticed it is your first post so, although I'm not a huge poster here myself, I'd like to say welcome.
Cheers Potski

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, talk about solitude. Very beautiful and solemn.

Did I see a "Twix" candy bar?
That folding seat... I could never sit in one of those, they are too comfortable.
Noticed you were eyeballing some sheep. Might be time to head into a nearby town for a drink,

Ride Safe and Happy
Ha Ha... you did indeed see my LAST Twix of the trip... yeah, those seats are really comfy that's true and devil to get out of..............after a snoooooooooooooZ :)

My family is from Wales originally so naturally I have penchant for a good looking sheep :rolleyes:

Cheers Potski

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anybody who carries a Twix candy bar and a hatchet can't be all bad! :p Very pretty area to ride and I love exploring the old buildings. Being able to hang out in one is a bonus. Thanks for sharing!
Hi Admiral,
Yes, I love exploring too. The stone refuge is one of many in the Pyrenees; some, like that one in gorgeous locations. Enjoying what I think is your series on YT btw.
Cheers Potski

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My god...talk about a worldwide TW community.... I assume you are in the real Pyrenees mountain range between Spain and France..... I just happen to be Basque and have spent some time there ….mostly in Barcelona..... a world class city..... but also in Andorra one of the most beautiful places on earth.....unfortunately without a trail bike.... but I did some hiking and exploring by VW.

I was amazed to find out that there was a strain of Grizzly Bears and wolves there ??? I had mistakenly assume there were none left in Western Europe...

Thank you for the video....
Yes, those little bikes and us riders seem to get everywhere, but they are very rare here in France and in Europe in general. WOW a Basque guy... we're the other end of the Pyrenees range just north of Andorra and about 4 hours from Barcelona. We travel Coast 2 Coast across the Pyrenees normally a couple of times a year for work, on as many trails as we can starting at Hendaye on the Atlantic coast finishing at Collioure on the Med.

Yes, wolves are slowly appearing and the bear population is increasing year on year; I never used to be concerned about camping out in the mountains, but having seen a couple over the years, it's certainly something I've been thinking about a lot more recently, especially when sleeping alone in the middle of nowhere in a little tent and this summer there has been a lot more activity in our area of Ariege. I have no problem with the bears or any wildlife in it's natural habitat, but unlike, as I understand it in the States, we can't carry a firearm or large bear spray. Sorry if this has wandered off the TW topic.

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Thank you Potski for the entertaining & artistic video, has made my morning complete.
Those valves sounded a little loud though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you Potski for the entertaining & artistic video, has made my morning complete.
Those valves sounded a little loud though.:rolleyes:
Hi Fred,
Glad you liked it; I love to see others photos and videos too. Re valves, OK, I think I checked them when I got the bike, but it won't hurt to re-check; advice appreciated.

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Beautiful, Potski.

But as to being the truer sheep connoisseur; you and stagewex would need to compare gloves.
A true professional will have velcro sewn onto the palms.
Sticks to the sheep's wool so they can't get away!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beautiful, Potski.

But as to being the truer sheep connoisseur; you and stagewex would need to compare gloves.
A true professional will have velcro sewn onto the palms.
Sticks to the sheep's wool so they can't get away!!!!!
I'm old fashioned...gloveless, back legs down the wellies kinda guy :rolleyes:

Cheers
Potski

1 - 17 of 17 Posts