TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped out my speedo light and since neither speedo, odometer, nor the trip odometer is working. Did a quick visual inspection and nothing jumps out

Before I pull the speedo console out to see if I have anything pinched.... thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think I did, but... I must have. Will pull out the speedometer tomorrow and see if something is not engaging.

Thanks Brian

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
A quick test is to unscrew at the wheel and chuck the cable into a drill. If the cable spins with the drill but no speed is registered then look up to the speedo connection. If the speed registers while drilling then look down at the wheel hub where the gear inside could be stripped or the inner cable itself could be broken.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Quite common. The cable appears to be on properly but it isn't engaging. It usually helps to move the front wheel a bit until the cable seats. Or, it could have backed out at the speedo end. Remove it at the wheel and push up while twirling, then hold the cable with one finger against the housing while re-inserting into the wheel hub. Tighten the caps at both ends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts