TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 TW200 has just under 3,000 miles. There must have been a factory flaw in the lens as it has cracked in seveeral places, to include having a crack go across the lens and run down the case. Can this part be ordered and replaced? If it's not available separately, I would have to search for a used one that can be used as a spare parts donor I guess. What do you know? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Never had to mess with mine, but I believe it’s tamper proof because of the odometer, which usually means you can get it open but it’ll be messy and you’ll have to make sure you have a waterproof seal when you reassemble. Shouldn’t be too hard to find someone to cut glass or plexi to match the shape. Too bad it happened after the warranty expired. Some good dealers might help you with the cost. Good luck. Let us know what you do. Cheers

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Badgerflorida: thanks for that information. There is only one dealer where I live (Oahu) and they are terrible at customer service, so I stay away from them. I understand the tamper-proof thiing, maybe I can send it to Hollywood Spedometer in California.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Member msmiller just did a repair on his. Take a look at his thread. Sorry, but I don't know how to link it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Last resort, cover the crack with good quality clear vinyl tape.
Cover the whole lens, not just the crack and it will be virtually invisible.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darth, I ordered and installed some 3M tape, made for auto headlights. It doesn't make the cracks "virtually invisible", but it does, at least make it less succeptable for water intrusion. I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for a good used speedo. Thanks everyone for your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts