TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, how we doin?

Well, I was doing some TLC on my tw200 and I recently replaced all the indicator bulbs and what not because some of them were plain dead and needed to be replaced and because I love my bike. I then tried to go about figuring out how to replace the light in the speedometer, but was completely stumped because from what I could tell, there's no way of opening it, unless someone on here knows how? Help anyone?

Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Hi Chris,

On the back of the speedometer there is a grey, overmolded rubber connector thing. Just pull this out and you will find the bulb that you are trying to replace.

Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chris,

On the back of the speedometer there is a grey, overmolded rubber connector thing. Just pull this out and you will find the bulb that you are trying to replace.

Brian

You really are wonderful. Thank you! Never would have figured it out! Now, have you any idea what kind of bulb that is or where I can get it?

C.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
You really are wonderful. Thank you! Never would have figured it out! Now, have you any idea what kind of bulb that is or where I can get it?

C.
Take the bulb out and visit your local auto parts store. Ask them if they have any 12 volt bulbs in that size.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mattmus,

Don't the speedometer and indicator bulbs have screw-in bases?

Brian

Hey Brian,

I actually just pulled it out and it's a .158 push-in type light. It goes into a socket-type deal and it's got 2 teeny tiny prongs, like a fuse almost.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Hey Brian,

I actually just pulled it out and it's a .158 push-in type light. It goes into a socket-type deal and it's got 2 teeny tiny prongs, like a fuse almost.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I've never had to replace my speedo bulb, but when I replaced my indicator lights with LED's I am pretty sure that they were screw-ins so I just assumed the speedo was the same. My mistake.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My speedo bulb is a 'spade' type push in/pull out. The turn, neutral, high beam are push'n'turn type.

The white LED bulbs give it kind of a cool futuristic look.

And this is the same auction I purchased my bulbs from (you only need one.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=121106763713

Wow that looks slick compared to my stock incandescent. Is that your photo with that eBay LED in the speedo housing? $1.88 shipped? How do people make any money on these things!?

·
Registered
310 Posts
My guess with a lot of stuff from China on ebay is that you're getting wholesale cost because the guy works at the factory and jams his pockets full of them on the way out the door every night

The good news is that I'm 1000 miles in and the light still works great. I kept burning out LED lights using them as my neutral light. Meanwhile my high beam LED light works fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts