TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I enjoyed Fleshwound's custom bike pics so here's mine from sunny Cape Town, South Africa.

I call her the "Spitfire!"

I bought her last year from a young Chinese guy who had the original vision of the look but lacked the technical skill to complete it....so she is half my work and half his. I use her purely for fun as my "beach-buggy" at my holiday beach cottage in a small seaside fishing village.

After 34 years of hard core big bike motorcycling, (she is the only bike below 1200cc that I have ridden in the last 7 years) she is surprisingly refreshing and really allows me to enjoy the simple basics of what I believe motorcycle freedom and fun rides are all about. Built on a budget (I have two young kids and plenty bills) but with time I hope to refine and polish the overall look. In this regard small details like running out of white paint are taking care of by stealing the wifes tipex (Wite-out) as used on the hooter.
(Don't tell the wife she still thinks the kids used it all.)

PS - If this upload all works then a huge thank you to "Admiral" for his expalnation on how to paste pics.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Very nice! I love the bull's eye horn and the oil cooler.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I like that, and I'm interested to know why the RAF roundels and Spitfire theme. Are you British ex-pat.

Also I don't know if you are aware that an XT225 exhaust front pipe is stainless steel an will fit the TW if you cut about an inch off the silence end, that will give you a full stainless system.They are cheap enough on ebay.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Sinophilia, coming from a legend in the TW world, thats a great compliment for me. U rock!

Thanks uktw125 - Nope I'm a SA citizen, my grandparents were all Europeans though (2 x British, 1 x Dutch and 1 x German) so here I am - in Afrika! Just thought the bike needed a cool name. Hey, anyone interested in doing some TW riding in Southern Afrika? Great countryside! I'm considering doing a supported TW 2 bike rental tourist package for anyone interested. Safe and very cheap if u convert Pounds, Euro or Dollars to SA Rands. Waka, Waka, cause this is AFRIKA!!!!!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Really cool bike Grant, like the oil cooler thing and very neat paint job. Are thoses tire what they call dual sport?

I was in "Cape" back in 1972.

Miguel Angel

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nice bike. +1 on carrying the theme over to the horn, and the gold bars are a nice touch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts