TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been through this before? Wheel has a little wobble and is out of true, requiring spoke adjustments.

Any good videos that walk the process through easily?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
This is a good reputable video...

I don’t have the fancy trueing stand or spoke torque wrench, but the principal is the same and I’ve been able to get some bad wobbles sorted out. I had one that was so bad it required all new spokes.

If we were on track bikes it’s way more important to have everything perfectly true. But on these slow bikes I just get em close enough.

I wrap a zip tie around the swingarm or fork pointing at the edge of the rim so it’s easy to see where the gap opens up when you spin the wheel.

Best of luck and don’t be afraid to tackle it yourself. I do recommend a decent spoke wrench they’re not too expensive. I made a mess of my first one trying to use a small adjustable wrench.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks badger. I'll give it a go and check that video out. I got a spoke wrench. Zip tie is a good idea, I was just gonna throw it on a stand and use some tape, didn't even think about just doing it on the bike... I'm still rockin that newbie badge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts