TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
can anyone tell me what size the hex is on the spokes so i can get a spoke wrench?
Or is this a common size.
Thanks

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
Nice helpfull response Rocky. I was tempted to say something snide, rude and qwerty-esque like "Go measure your bike's spokes yourself, it is quicker than asking and waiting for a response" but then I remembered all new members deserve a little consideration at first. Later on we'll tease Gunny mercilessly.:p Welcome Gunny'sTW.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
5,316 Posts
Nice helpfull response Rocky. I was tempted to say something snide, rude and qwerty-esque like "Go measure your bike's spokes yourself
*looks at OP's nick - decides against*

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I just went out to the garage and measured my nipples. Hey hey keep your pants on boys and girls. I want to buy some spoke wrenches to fit my TWs and looking online left me confused so I decided to check for myself with some digital calipers and this is what I found. Front and rear on my 1999 were 5.6 mm, Rear of my 2015 was 5.6 mm but the front spoke nipples are 6.0 mm.
All of the spoke diameters are 3.3 mm except the spokes on the front of my 15 where they are 4 mm which I suspect is due to the more powerful disc brake.
I always understood that all TW wheels have 32 spokes however tonight I realized that only the rear wheels have 32 spokes whereas the fronts have 36 spokes on both my 99 and 15.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts