TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yeah, Not a Harley fan at all, but hats off to that guy. Looks like he did pretty good. Also, did some flat tracking myself back in the day for fun on off weekends from MX racing. The Harley XR's really woke up and ripped up the dirt ovals. I had a hard time keeping up to them on my fully modded XS650 which was a very popular flat tracker back then as well. But MX? Different type of track all together. Need very light bike with awesome suspension.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to have an XS650, too. Wish I'd kept it.

Btw, your comment about not being a Harley fan reminds me of something I heard once from a fellow Sportster owner, and fully agree with: "H-D assumes I ride a Sportster because it's a Harley, but the fact is I ride a Harley because it's a Sportster."

·
Registered
357 Posts

Btw, your comment about not being a Harley fan reminds me of something I heard once from a fellow Sportster owner, and fully agree with: "H-D assumes I ride a Sportster because it's a Harley, but the fact is I ride a Harley because it's a Sportster."
i like that - a lot.
the sportster is the only harley that appeals to me (i have a buell XB12 Ulysses currently), and the 48 is the one i like most.
love that fat front wheel and stripped down look.
i also liked the XR1200X - until i found it was 125 pounds heavier than my buell!
mind you - so is the 48....

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I had bought a new XR1000 back when I had the chance. I almost did, but then I backed out and bought a Trans-Am instead. :BangHead:

·
Registered
807 Posts

Yeah I often say...........Im not a Harley guy Im a Sportster guy :)

Reactions: WECSOG

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
I still wouldn't mind a full dresser though...:p

Reactions: WECSOG
1 - 10 of 10 Posts