TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I moved from the area where I had thousands of acres of state forrest in which to ride, I no longer need my Spot Gen3 GPS locator.

It’s less than a year old, works perfectly and is ready to be activated.

Before I put it on eBay, I’m offering it here. The range of pre-owned on eBay seems to be 110 to 130.

I’ll ship it prepaid for $100.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know in years past, men (and women) went into the wild alone with no way to ask for help if needed or found if needed but can’t ask.

Today, that’s not necessary and to do so IMHO is just plain reckless.

I know that this capability is not inexpensive but how do you put a price on your life or the peace of mind of those that love us?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I bought TW from a pro class desert racer and he crashed his WR250 in a freak crash riding alone on a desert dirt road he landed with a broken collar bone and few broken ribs and a broken pelvis. The major problem was he landed in the middle of the road nearing nightfall and he couldn't move out of the road to prevent getting run over so he used his Spot that he had just purchased (his wife bought it for him) and he ended up getting an airlift to Vegas. He said it was a fairly low speed crash and he was wearing full safety gear

He said the thing he dreaded most was having to use it to message his wife who always worried about just such a thing and thats why she sold her TW200

He was back to riding as soon as they bolted him back together

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
when i bought my Garmin Inreach, there was an option to buy airlift insurance for 2 air rescues a year for up to $50,000 each time. GEOS SAR is the company that provides this service for $25 a year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts