TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent found a definative answer, so here goes... ik i gotta swap out the side cover, flywheel, etc, but other than that, can i simply take the TWs sprocket shaft and swap it into a ttr225 motor? Why or why not? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
If you want to utilize the 6-speed transmission of the TTR225, the TW output shaft will need to be modified.

If you didn't want modify the output shaft, then you could just swap an entire 5-speed TW transmission into the TTR225 engine.

With either of the above options, there is also a bearing in the left side TTR crankcase that needs to be changed to fit the TW output shaft.

Really pretty simple (but still involves a good bit of work with disassembling and reassembling things).

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Basically i just wanna put the tw shaft in the ttr.
Sorry Fly, it is not quite that simple.

What needs to be modified on the tw shaft?
The picture below shows a stock TW output shaft on top. A modified TW output shaft is in the middle showing an additional circlip groove and spacer ring added. A stock TTR225 output shaft is shown on the bottom.

100_5111.JPG

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol, i prolly will. So just to clarify, the only thing preventing it from being a direct swap is the groove? Ive got a ttr225 that, if this works, will be a ttr200. The ttr needs a complete tear down anyway, might as well make it useful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts