TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2013 tw 200 and its a great little bike although it gets (very) squirrly in sand.
To me it feels like the bike is front heavy and always in a nose dive.
I am about 220lbs and feel like i have to slide as far back on the seat as i can to keep weight off the front end!
Anybody else have these issues??

Thanks hag1

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
I would suggest that you check the oil level in your forks. TW's typically come from the factory with insufficient oil in the fork legs. The proper level for someone your size should be about 130mm from the top of the fork leg.

If your bike still has the stock front tire, I strongly suggest that you replace it. The current, most popular replacement tire seems to be the Shinko 241 4.0 x 18.

As said before, sand sucks.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
The first time I rode in sand I broke my ankle within 15 minutes. Then the seasoned guys taught me how to ride in sand. Sit back on the seat and "Give it Hell"

[video]http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/12810-i-rode-all-day-broken-leg.html[/video]

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Sit back and twist the throttle as far as it goes and merely suggest where you want to go. Do not grip the bars too tightly.
And get rid of the factory front tire.
The Deathwing is aptly named.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What He said! :cool: m.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Loose sand at the beach was a paddle-walk event. Horrible. The wet stuff near the water was better, but the TW had insufficient power to go more than 30mph, flat out, in that kind of sand. whole bike felt really, really heavy. It was fun as hell though! Tried the sit back and gun it through the soft stuff, and that might work if the TW could ever get a decent speed going, but the deep powder sand at the outer banks is just too much I think.

Charles.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
This is why guys are putting atv tires on the back and regearing.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
230 Posts
For me in dry rutted sand I'm up on the pegs weight back keeping the RPM's churning & spinning.
Keep your body relaxed & loose & just have fun as the little bike wanders along picking its path .

·
Registered
8 Posts
low low tire pressure in any vehicle driving through sand. the guys towing cars stuck in the sand are running 12psi to stay on top

1 - 13 of 13 Posts