TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

SR241 Mounting Question

941 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Xaman 
#1 ·
Just mounted a new 241 front. I’m no expert but I’ve never had a tire spoon on so easily. And I’ve never had one seat without some sort of snap or pop. Aired it up to 50psi just making sure it seated, and It looks fully right. Then I pulled the valve stem to add Ride-On sealant/Balancer, and it lost its bead on both sides, just kind of collapsed. Aired it back up again, and it looks fully seated as before, just no pop. Went ahead and installed it back on the bike, and will do a test run tomorrow, but nervous it’ll slip on the wheel if it’s that loose. Any thoughts? Thanks!

#5 ·
I had exactly the same experience with both the front 241 and the rear OEM two days ago when adding RideOn. No pop, and a little hiss when adding air. Put both up to 20 psi and went for a 10 mile ride at 55.
Zero problems. I have a suspicion that the pop has to do with how much capacity and pressure your air tank has. Mine doesn't have much and only goes to 100psi.

Yes, the 241 does not have a real stiff carcass....nice if you have to repair a flat tube. :)

I ride in sharp rocks a lot and would never go below 12 psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.